Adding filter widgets to the Wholesale Store page
Most wholesale stores have large numbers of products. As a result, you can significantly improve usability by adding filters to your wholesale area. There are two types of product filter which you can use with WooCommerce Wholesale Pro:
- The default filter widgets that come with WooCommerce itself. (Although you need to use a special version of these widgets for the wholesale area - see below.)
- The advanced filters that come with the WooCommerce Product Filters plugin (available separately).
Using the default filters in your wholesale store
The filter widgets that come with WooCommerce itself are only designed to be used on shop and category pages. As a result, they won't appear on the Wholesale Store page which is created by the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin.
WooCommerce Wholesale Pro comes with its own filter widgets which work identically to the default WooCommerce widgets, and work in the public Shop and the Wholesale Store page. This is how to use them:
- Go to Appearance → Widgets (or the Widgets editor under Appearance → Customize).
- Click the + icon to add a new widget.
- Search for 'Wholesale' and you will see all the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro widgets, which are prefaced by 'Wholesale Store'. For example: 'Wholesale Store: Filter Products by Attribute'.
- Add all the required widgets and Save.
Tip: The widgets you have just added will also appear in the public store. To avoid duplicate widgets in the public areas, make sure you delete any default filter widgets that you previously added.
Using WooCommerce Wholesale Pro with the WooCommerce Product Filters plugin
For more advanced filtering - either in your public and/or wholesale store - we have designed WooCommerce Wholesale Pro to integrate with the WooCommerce Product Filters plugin. This adds professional-level filters to your store, in a wide range of styles: