Can I add product add-on options with wholesale pricing?
When you use the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin, you can add discounted pricing for each wholesale role - either as a percentage discount which is applied automatically, or by setting wholesale prices for each product or variation.
There are various plugins available which let you add extra options to your products. These are often called product add-ons or product options plugins. With most of these plugins, if you use them with WooCommerce Wholesale Pro then the wholesale discounts will not be applied to the cost of the extra product options. However, we have integrated WooCommerce Wholesale Pro with our WooCommerce Product Options plugin to allow you to do this.
This is how to set wholesale pricing for your extra product options:
- Make sure both WooCommerce Wholesale Pro and WooCommerce Product Options are installed and active on your site.
- Go to Products → Options and edit the option group that you want to add wholesale pricing for.
- Add or edit an option and add the choices.
- Select a Price Type.
- Click the label icon in the 'Wholesale' column and enter an exact wholesale price for each role in the popup which appears:
- Flat fee - The exact price that you enter will be charged when the customer selects the option, regardless of the quantity that they order.
- Quantity-based fee - The exact price that you enter will be charged when the customer selects the option. This will be multiplied up by the quantity, for example if they order 2 of the product then the fee will be added twice.
- Percentage increase - Enter a percentage which will be added to the overall price of the product.
- Percentage decrease - Enter a percentage which will be deducted from the overall price of the product.
Please note that it is not currently possible to apply percentage wholesale discounts to the cost of your product options. The only way to set wholesale pricing for product options is to enter the exact price. We are tracking the demand for adding support for percentage discounts, so please send us a feature request if you would like this.