How does the WordPress table plugin work?
To create dynamic WordPress tables, choose your options on the plugin settings page and then click the 'Insert Posts Table' toolbar button to insert a shortcode wherever you want to add a table. There are various shortcode options which you can use to configure each individual table (for example, to show a different post type or content from a specific category only).
Is it suitable for my use case?
Posts Table Pro is an incredibly flexible plugin and people use it in many different ways. This can make it difficult to work out if it's suitable for your specific use case. Don't worry, we're here to help!
Here are our suggestions in case you're wondering whether Posts Table Pro will work for your specific use case:
- View the different types of content displayed on the demo site. There are lots of examples, including blog post indexes, member directories, audio and video galleries, directories, and more.
- Browse the Posts Table Pro blog. We've published tutorials about how to use it for a wide range of use cases.
- If you're still unsure, the best way forward is to test the plugin out on your own site. We offer a full 30-day money back guarantee so you can get a refund if it doesn't work in the way you are hoping.
- We're also happy to provide personalized advice - just get in touch via the Support Center with details of what sort of information you'd like to display in a searchable table.
Does the WordPress table plugin create custom post types, pages, taxonomies etc.?
Posts Table Pro displays content already stored in the WordPress database - it doesn't create the content for you. If you want to display content such as custom post types, custom fields or taxonomies, you will need to set them up beforehand and then display them using Posts Table Pro.
To make this simple for you, we've created a free plugin called Easy Post Types and Fields. This makes it really easy to create custom post types. You can also use the free plugin to add custom fields and taxonomies to any existing post type. Just create the post type and/or fields, add some posts to your website, and then display them using Posts Table Pro.
Does it work with e-commerce plugins?
Yes, you can use the WordPress table plugin to display products or other data from e-commerce plugins such as WooCommerce, WP eCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads. If you use WooCommerce then re recommend using our dedicated WooCommerce Product Table plugin instead, as it comes with extra features such as add to cart buttons.
Which columns can I include in my table?
You can choose from any of the following: id, title, image, content, button, excerpt, published date, last modified date, author, tags, categories, status, custom taxonomies, and any custom field. Your columns can contain extra formatting and multimedia content such as embedded audio or video.
Can I choose which posts are displayed in the table?
Yes, you can either list all your posts, pages or custom posts; or display items with a specific category, tag, custom taxonomy term, custom field value, date, author, and more.
Does it work with Users?
No, because Users are not a post type in WordPress. If you want to display people in your data tables (e.g. for a staff directory) then you can create a post type (e.g. 'Staff') and add the data there instead.
Can I customize the table column headings?
Yes! Our WordPress table plugin lets you change the heading for each column.
Can I try it for free?
There's a free version of our WordPress table plugin which you can download free from wordpress.org - Posts Table with Search & Sort. This displays standard WordPress posts in a HTML table. If you need to display other content such as custom posts, taxonomies or pages then you will need Posts Table Pro.
What are the purchase options?
Clicking the Buy button above will take you to the purchase options. You can choose either a Lifetime or Annual software license.
- Lifetime licenses never expire. It's a one-time payment which includes all future plugin updates, new features and support, forever.
- Annual licenses are renewed once a year. As long as you have an active license, you will receive support, plugin updates and new features. If your license ever expires then you can continue using the plugin, but won't receive any further updates or support.
You can also choose the number of sites that you can use the plugin on.
Will it work with my theme?
We have tested the WordPress table plugin with a range of free and premium themes and are confident it will look great with your theme. The tables use your existing fonts and we have styled the other elements (buttons, pagination etc.) to look good with most themes.
The plugin comes with built-in styling options which make it easy to customize the look and feel of the tables, including the colors, spacing and font sizes. If you want to style the tables in more specific ways then you can apply your own CSS or contact us for a recommendation.
Which languages are supported?
Our WordPress table plugin comes with built-in translations for English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Swedish, and Norwegian. Please get in touch if you're interested in contributing a new translation.
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
The table plugin is fully tested with the latest version of WordPress. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version of WordPress, but we also support older installations:
- WooCommerce 6.5 or greater (tested to 8.6.1)
- WordPress 6.0 or greater (tested to 6.4.3)
- PHP 7.4 or greater (tested to 8.1.27)
- MySQL 5.7.8 or greater / MariaDB 10.3 or greater