Installing WooCommerce Restaurant Ordering
Our WooCommerce Restaurant Ordering plugin makes it easy for your customers to order food online. This is how to set it up.
As well as the written instructions below, here's a video about how to set up your WooCommerce restaurant ordering system from start to finish:
Install the plugin
Once you have purchased WooCommerce Restaurant Order, you can download the plugin files and copy your license key directly from the Order Confirmation page. You should also receive a confirmation email containing your license key and a download link to the plugin. If you don't receive this email, please get in touch with us.
- Download the plugin.
- Go to your WordPress admin, then go to Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin.
- Click 'Choose File', select the "woocommerce-restaurant-ordering.zip" file you just downloaded and click 'Install'.
- Once uploaded, click 'Activate'.
Note: WooCommerce Restaurant Ordering requires the free WooCommerce plugin to work. If you can't see the plugin settings page, make sure you have WooCommerce installed.
Tip: Once you've installed WooCommerce Restaurant Ordering, remember to keep it up to date. You can learn how to do this in our article on plugin updates.
Enter your license key
Once you have activated the plugin:
- Go to WooCommerce → Settings → Restaurant and enter your license key. You can get this from the Order Confirmation page and the email confirmation that was sent to you after purchase.
- Click Save Changes to validate and store your license key.
If you get an error saving your license key, please try a second time. If the error persists, please search for your error above or view our article on license key problems.
Choose your default settings
As soon as you install the plugin and activate your license key, it automatically creates a food order form page which you can start using straight away. To see this, go to the main Pages list in the WordPress admin and find the 'Restaurant Ordering' page.
If you like, then you can customize the restaurant ordering page and create additional order forms. We've provided separate articles on how to do this: