How to create "Buy one get one free" (BOGO) deals
The WooCommerce Discount Manager plugin has a discount type called 'Buy X products for X discount'. You can use this to set up Buy-one-get-one-free deals, also known as BOGO or BOGOF.
This article provides brief instructions on how to set up a BOGO offer, or you can read our full tutorial about creating buy one get one free deals in WooCommerce.
- Go to Marketing → Discounts.
- Click 'Add New'.
- Select 'Buy X products for X discount' from the discount type modal window.
- Select which products the deal will apply to. You can either extend the buy one get one free offer to all products in your store, or select specific products or categories that it applies to.
- Choose the following options:
- Quantity required for discount - Enter "1" for a buy one get one free deal.
- Discount - Select the Percentage discount type, and enter 100.
- How should the discount be applied? - Choose whether the BOGOF deal is only available for like-for-like products (e.g. buy 1 black pen and get another black pen free), or on any products? If a customer uses it for products with different prices then the cheapest will be free.
- Select any other options for the buy one get one free special offer as needed. For example, you can choose which users or roles can get the deal, or schedule it to run on specific dates only.
How can customers get the buy one get one free deal?
To take advantage of the buy one get free deal, the customer must add both products to their cart. If they just add one product then the plugin won't automatically add a second one.
This is similar to redeeming a buy one free discount in a physical shop, where you must add both items to your shopping basket and the cashier will give you the second one free of charge.
Can customers get the deal multiple times?
Yes - customers can use the buy one get free offer as many times as they like. For example, imagine that you have a BOGO deal on all products in the t-shirts category, and the customer adds 6 different t-shirts to their cart. The plugin will just charge them for the 3 most expensive cheapest t-shirts, and the other 3 will be free.