Using WPML to translate WooCommerce Product Table
WooCommerce Product Table allows you to create tables or lists to allow customers to quickly find and purchase products. Some of our customers choose to translate their tables into multiple languages using WPML. We recommend using WeGlot or TranslatePress rather than WPML because they are easier to use and are guaranteed to work with other plugins, including all of Barn2's plugins. However, if you wish to use WPML then this article will provide basic guidance on use the two plugins together.
- WooCommerce Product Table also comes with several built-in languages which you can use without needing a separate multilingual plugin. Please see our article on translating WooCommerce Product Table.
- If you have any problems using WPML then unfortunately this does not come under our plugin support. We recommend contacting WPML support or asking your developer to investigate the problem for you.
You will need to install the following plugins:
- WPML Multilingual CMS (version 18.104.22.168 or above)
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management
- WooCommerce Multilingual
- WooCommerce Product Table
Please refer to the WPML Getting Started Guide to setup WPML correctly for your site.
Once you have setup WPML and WooCommerce, you will need to configure WooCommerce Multilingual to link the two plugins.
You need to translate your WooCommerce content as required, including products, categories, the Shop page, Cart page, etc. Please refer to the WooCommerce Multilingual setup guide for details.
Translating the product tables
To translate product tables, it depends whether your store uses languages that we provide translations for in the WooCommerce Product Table plugin. Please check the list of included languages to see if your languages are included, then follow one of the following steps:
- Included languages - go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization and select either Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup or Don't use String Translation to translate themes and plugins.
- Other languages - use one of the following:
- Use WPML's string translation to find the strings that need translating and add the translations via WPML. In WPML > Theme and plugins localization, select either Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files) or Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup.
- Create your own .po and .mo files and upload them to the site. In WPML > Theme and plugins localization, select either Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup or Don't use String Translation to translate themes and plugins.
Disable table caching
To ensure the tables are displayed in the correct language we recommend that you disable the caching option. This ensures that the table is loaded with the correct language products for each user.