1. Installing WooCommerce Lead Time
Our WooCommerce Lead Time plugin lets you set a lead time - either globally for all products or for individual products.
The lead time is displayed on the single product page, immediately under product’s stock status (if present). If the stock status is not displayed on the product page, then the lead time will appear above the add to cart button.
Installing the plugin
Once you have purchased WooCommerce Lead Time, you can download the plugin files and copy your license key directly from the Order Confirmation page. You should also receive a confirmation email (in addition to your PayPal receipt) which contains your license key and a download link to the plugin. If you don’t receive this email, please get in touch with us.
- Download the plugin.
- Go to your WordPress admin, then go to Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin.
- Click ‘Choose File’, select the “woocommerce-lead-time.zip” file you just downloaded and click ‘Install’.
- Once uploaded, click ‘Activate’.
Note: WooCommerce Lead Time requires the free WooCommerce plugin to work. If you can't see the plugin settings page, make sure you have WooCommerce installed.
Tip: Once you’ve installed WooCommerce Lead Time, remember to keep it up to date. You can learn how to do this in our article on plugin updates
Enter your license key
You can find your license key in the email confirmation that was sent to you after purchase. The plugin will not work until you activate your license key.
There are two ways to enter your license key:
- In the setup wizard - Once activated, the setup wizard will open. This walks you through each step of the setup process, including entering your license key.
- On the settings page - Alternatively, you can go to WooCommerce → Settings → Products → Lead time and enter your license key.
If you get an error saving your license key, please try a second time. If the error persists, please view the article on license key problems.
Choose your settings
Next, you need to choose your lead time settings.