Can I add a search box to my homepage on its own, and show the product table in the search results?
The WooCommerce Product Table plugin comes with an AJAX-powered search box, which appears above the product table. It only ever appears above the product table, and never on its own. When you type into it, the products in the table instantly update underneath in real time.
Some people want to display a search box on its own - for example on the homepage or in a sidebar widget - and then have the results appear in a product table. You can do so as follows:
- Go to Appearance → Widgets and add the 'Product Search' widget wherever you want the search box to appear.
- Now either open the WooCommerce Product Table setup wizard or go to the settings page at WooCommerce → Settings → Products → Product tables.
- In the 'Store integration' section, enable the option to display product tables on search results pages.
- If you need to add the search widget to the main content area of a standard page, then you can use a plugin such as AMR Shortcode Any Widget which lets you put widgets anywhere on your site.
- For more in-depth advice on using the search features in WooCommerce Product Table, please see our tutorial on the best WooCommerce search plugin and how to use it.