How to set product add-ons default values
The WooCommerce Product Options plugin lets you set a default value for each group of product add-ons. This pre-selects a particular option when the product page loads. Customers can de-select the product add-ons default value, but pre-selecting it encourages them to add it to their order.
Adding default values for your add-on options can have several advantages:
- It cuts out an extra step for customers because they don't have to click on the product add-on in order to add it to their order.
- Customers are more likely to order the add-on if it is pre-selected by default. If you have assigned a price to the add-on then this helps to increase your average order value.
- Pre-selecting a mandatory or required field by default helps to prevent frustration because it prevents customers from trying to add the product to the cart without selecting it (which would generate an error).
To add a default value to your add-ons, simply enable the 'Selected' toggle when you add a choice. You can set default values for as many of the add-on choices are you like. Each choice which is marked as a default will be pre-selected when the product loads.
- How does the date picker field work?
- How to add conditional logic to your product add-ons
- How to create a price formula for your WooCommerce products
- Which plugins are WooCommerce Product Options compatible with?
- Translating WooCommerce Product Options into other languages
- Where are uploaded files stored?
If searching the knowledge base hasn't answered your question, please contact support.