How do I create my food order form?
There are 3 ways to create food order forms:
- When you install the plugin it automatically creates a page listing all your products in a one-page order form, divided by category.
- If you need more flexibility, you can use a shortcode to list items from specific categories in specific locations on your site. You can use shortcode options to customize each form individually. This allows you to add as many order forms as you like, each one different.
- You can also enable the food order form layout on the WooCommerce product category pages.
Can I add extra options (e.g. toppings) to my products?
Yes - there are two ways to do this:
- Product variations
Variable products are a type of product in WooCommerce. They're perfect if you sell different versions of a meal or item (e.g. small, medium or large fries). You can add as many variations as you like to each product, and each one appears as a dropdown list (e.g. a pizza with options for Size and Crust Type).
- Product options
Some restaurants need more flexible order options, such as checkboxes for pizza toppings, or text fields for dietary requirements. To allow this, we have integrated the plugin with the WooCommerce Product Options extension. You can use this plugin to add a wide range of options - see the plugin demo for examples.
Whether you use variations or add-on fields (or both!), the product options will appear in a lightbox when the customer clicks an item. They can easily select their options, change the quantity, see the updated price, and add the item to their order.
How do delivery and collection work?
The Restaurant Ordering plugin doesn't include these features directly. Instead it works with the delivery and collection options built into WooCommerce itself. You can use these to add multiple delivery options (e.g. 'Home delivery' and 'Collect in person'), charge delivery fees, and set shipping zones for delivery.
The Knowledge Base provides full documentation on how to set up your delivery options.
Can I add opening times and delivery slots?
The WooCommerce Restaurant Ordering plugin lets you set opening times. You can add up to two sessions per day (e.g. lunch and dinner), with different opening and closing times for each day of the week.
Customers are prevented from placing an order while the restaurant is closed. You can display specific wording on your site when the restaurant is open or closed, including details of when it will next open/close.
The WooCommerce restaurant plugin works with the standard shipping options that are built into WooCommerce. If you want customers to choose an exact delivery slot then we recommend Iconic's WooCommerce Delivery Slots plugin. This works perfectly with Restaurant Ordering and lets customers choose a date and time slot for their food delivery and/or collection. It's also useful for managing your kitchen capacity as you can set a maximum number of orders per slot
Can I display nutritional information and allergens?
You may need to display nutritional information and allergens for food on your menu. To make things as easy as possible for hungry customers, we recommend adding this information to the following locations:
- Install the WooCommerce Product Filters plugin and use it to add a 'Dietary Information' filter to your restaurant ordering page. The filter can appear either above or next to the food order form. Use product attributes to tag each food item with the relevant information, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, contains egg, etc. You can display the filters as a clickable tag cloud, checkboxes, images - whatever you like. Customers can then instantly narrow down the list of foods based on their dietary preferences.
- You should also add the nutritional information to the product description and enable the 'Lightbox' option on the settings page. Customers can then open a popup for each product showing the nutritional information, as well as price and purchase options.
Can I sell meal deals or fixed price menus?
Most meal deal ordering systems need to set limits on how much customers can order from each category. You can do this by using the WooCommerce restaurant plugin with our WooCommerce Quantity Manager plugin. This lets you set minimum and/or maximum quantities on each of your meal deal categories. You can also use it to set minimum order values or maximum spend values for each category.
Will it work with my theme & other plugins?
We have tested WooCommerce Restaurant Ordering with a range of free and premium themes, and we have designed the order form to have a clean and modern look that will work beautifully in the majority of themes.
The order form styles (e.g. the font size) will be inherited from your theme by default. If you have any difficulty, our support team will be on hand to help with any theme-related issues.
WooCommerce Restaurant Ordering is fully compatible with all Barn2 plugins, and we have provided a list of third party plugins we have tested with. If in doubt, please contact our support team. You can always buy the plugin and test it risk-free, as you are covered by our no-quibble 30 day money back guarantee.
What are the purchase options?
Clicking the Buy button above will take you to the purchase options. You can choose either a Lifetime or Annual software license.
- Lifetime licenses never expire. It's a one-time payment which includes all future plugin updates, new features and support, forever.
- Annual licenses are renewed once a year. As long as you have an active license, you will receive support, plugin updates and new features. If your license ever expires then you can continue using the plugin, but won't receive any further updates or support.
You can also choose the number of sites that you can use the plugin on.
Does the plugin work in my language?
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
Restaurant Ordering is fully tested with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version, but we also support older installations:
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
WooCommerce Restaurant Ordering is fully tested with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version, but we also support older installations:
WooCommerce 6.5 or greater (tested to 8.1.1)
WordPress 6.0 or greater (tested to 6.3.1)
PHP 7.4 or greater (tested to 8.1.22)
MySQL 5.7.8 or greater / MariaDB 10.3 or greater