Can I show the lead time depending on the stock status?
Absolutely. Just add a WooCommerce lead time for the product, and choose whether you want it to appear for In Stock, Out of Stock or On Backorder products. If you choose Out of Stock and/or Backorder, then no lead time will appear for In Stock items. When they go out of stock, the lead time message will appear automatically.
WooCommerce Lead Time also has an option to set a different lead time for each stock status. For example, you might want to set a lead time of "1 working day" for In Stock products, and a lead time of "2 weeks" for On Backorder products. When stock runs out, the lead time message will automatically change so that customers always know what to expect.
Can I set global, category, product, AND variation lead times?
Yes - you can use all the different lead time options together. The plugin contains advanced logic to ensure that if more than one lead time applies, then it will always show the most appropriate lead time. For example:
- If a global lead time is set, then this will only be used for categories and products that do not have their own lead times.
- The category lead time will override the global lead time, and will only appear on products that do not have individual lead times.
- A product lead time overrides the global and category lead times.
- An individual variation lead time will override all the above.
Can the plugin calculate the lead time dynamically?
The WooCommerce Lead Time plugin comes with two types of product lead time:
- Static lead times - You add some fixed text to display on the page. For example, if you add a static lead time of "5 days" then "5 days" will always appear. This is the best option if your products always have consistent waiting times.
- Dynamic lead times - You set a date when the product will become available, and the plugin automatically calculates the lead time based on this date. For example, if you have ordered stock to arrive on 30th November and it is currently 10th November then the lead time will be displayed as "10 days". This is the best option if a product is due to arrive on a particular date, after which it will become available.
You can use a combination of static and dynamic lead times for different products and stock statuses.
Can I show the lead time outside of the single product page?
WooCommerce Lead Time can show processing times on the single product page, shop page, products categories, cart, checkout, order details page, and order confirmation emails. You can easily show or hide the product lead time for each of these locations.
For even more ways to display lead times, you can use WooCommerce Lead Time alongside our other plugins:
- Combine WooCommerce Lead Time with our WooCommerce Product Table plugin to list products anywhere on your site, complete with lead time column. You can use product tables to list products on any page or post, or on shop and product category pages.
- Use WooCommerce Lead Time with WooCommerce Quick View Pro to show lead times within a product lightbox, which can be accessed from the shop page, category archive pages, or related products.
- Install WooCommerce Fast Cart to allow customers to quickly complete their order in a popup cart and checkout, complete with lead time information.
- Use our developer documentation to programmatically display lead times anywhere you like.
Will it work with my theme & other plugins?
We have tested WooCommerce Lead Time with a range of free and premium themes and are confident it will look great with your theme. Our plugin support includes helping with theme-related conflicts.
The product lead time plugin uses your existing fonts and we have styled it to look good with most themes. By default, the lead time is styled in a generic dark grey - you can change this using the color picker on the plugin settings page. It appears within the stock element on the single product page (including for products where you're not managing stock), ensuring the correct spacing in all themes.
Since WooCommerce Lead Time simply displays the lead time within the stock part of the single product page, it will work with most 3rd party plugins. It is fully compatible with all Barn2 plugins, and most plugins from other companies.
What are the purchase options?
Clicking the Buy button above will take you to the purchase options. You can choose either a Lifetime or Annual software license.
- Lifetime licenses never expire. It's a one-time payment which includes all future plugin updates, new features and support, forever.
- Annual licenses are renewed once a year. As long as you have an active license, you will receive support, plugin updates and new features. If your license ever expires then you can continue using the plugin, but won't receive any further updates or support.
You can also choose the number of sites that you can use the plugin on.
Does it work in my language?
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
WooCommerce Lead Time is fully tested with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version, but we also support older installations:
WooCommerce 6.5 or greater (tested to 8.3.1)
WordPress 6.0 or greater (tested to 6.4.1)
PHP 7.4 or greater (tested to 8.1.22)
MySQL 5.7.8 or greater / MariaDB 10.3 or greater