How do customers access the mini cart?
Customers can open the mini cart from any page by clicking the floating cart icon. This can appear in the top-right, bottom-right, or center-right of the page. You can customize the color of the icon and background. The floating icon only appears when there are products in the cart.
To bring customers to the mini cart even faster, you can choose to show the fast cart automatically whenever a product is added. This encourages customers to complete their order straight away.
Can I skip the cart and force customers to checkout immediately?
Yes! The direct checkout option lets you skip the cart and display the fast checkout straight away.
This is an excellent idea if you need a quick way for customers to buy one product at a time. This is how it works when you enable direct checkout:
- The customer adds a product to their cart.
- The popup checkout opens immediately, either on the right hand side of the page or as a centered popup (depending on your settings).
- The customer enters their details and pays directly in the fast checkout.
Can customers still use the standard WooCommerce checkout?
Yes. There are two ways to use the plugin:
- Use the Fast Cart as an extra option for customers. Customers click the cart icon to access the Fast Cart and can checkout from there, or they can use the regular WooCommerce checkout page.
- Replace the entire WooCommerce checkout and only use the Fast Cart. You can choose to replace the Cart, the Checkout or both. This means that whenever a customer clicks on a link to the cart/checkout, it will open the popup cart instead.
What payment gateways are supported?
The Fast Cart plugin uses the payment gateways you have already configured in your WooCommerce store. If you use plugins to add additional payment options, these should also work in the Fast Cart.
Please see the Knowledge Base article about the specific payment gateways we have tested with.
Which shipping options are available?
The popup WooCommerce checkout will work with any shipping options you setup for your store. This includes the default shipping methods, plus additional methods added via a plugin.
If they work on the main WooCommerce checkout, then they will work in the Fast Cart.
Can I edit the checkout fields in the mini cart?
The popup checkout will display exactly the same fields as your main checkout page. You can edit the checkout fields using the exact same methods as for the regular WooCommerce checkout page. For example, the Checkout Field Editor plugin.
How do related products work?
Related products are one of the most important features of the Fast Cart. They can make a big difference to your average order value, bringing in more revenue from each customer.
The "You may also be interested in" section of the popup cart displays cross-sells for the product(s) currently in the cart. You can set these in the 'Upsells/Cross-Sells' section of the 'Add/Edit Product' screen for each product.
By displaying related products depending on the cart contents, you can encourage customers to spend more. They can then add one or more related products to the cart directly from the popup cart, before completing their order quickly and easily.
Will the Fast Cart plugin slow down my store?
No! WooCommerce Fast Cart has been built with performance in mind. We know how important it is that plugins enhance your store instead of weighing it down.
The mini cart loads after the rest of the page has loaded, so it doesn't affect your page load times. It is fully compatible with performance plugins like WP Rocket and Autoptimize.
Will it work with my theme & other plugins?
We have tested WooCommerce Fast Cart with a range of free and premium themes and are confident it will look great with your theme. Our plugin support includes helping with theme-related conflicts.
The mini cart plugin uses your existing fonts and we have styled it to look good with most themes. There are plugin options to change the color of the floating cart icon.
WooCommerce Fast Cart is fully compatible with all Barn2 plugins, and most plugins from other companies. We have published a list of plugins we have tested with, although it will work with most other plugins too.
What are the purchase options?
Clicking the Buy button above will take you to the purchase options. You can choose either a Lifetime or Annual software license.
- Lifetime licenses never expire. It's a one-time payment which includes all future plugin updates, new features and support, forever.
- Annual licenses are renewed once a year. As long as you have an active license, you will receive support, plugin updates and new features. If your license ever expires then you can continue using the plugin, but won't receive any further updates or support.
You can also choose the number of sites that you can use the plugin on.
Does it work in my language?
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
WooCommerce Fast Cart is fully tested with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version, but we also support older installations:
WooCommerce 6.5 or greater (tested to 8.1.1)
WordPress 6.0 or greater (tested to 6.3.1)
PHP 7.4 or greater (tested to 8.1.22)
MySQL 5.7.8 or greater / MariaDB 10.3 or greater