WooCommerce Product Tabs (free) documentation
The free WooCommerce Product Tabs plugin lets you add extra tabs to your product pages, and choose which product categories they appear on. You can upgrade to the premium version for extra features including:
- Add tabs to individual products, categories, or to all products with a specific tab.
- Add an icon to each tab.
- Re-order tabs using drag and drop.
- Re-order, hide or rename the default product tabs.
- Include tab content in product search results.
- Display tabs horizontally or vertically as an accordion.
- Add multiple types from the 'Edit Product' screen or centrally.
This page contains documentation on how to use the free version of the plugin. There is separate documentation for the premium version.
- Go to Plugins → Add New in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Search for 'WooCommerce Product Tabs Barn2' and find the plugin in the list of results.
- Click to install and then activate the plugin.
- Next, go to the new 'WooCommerce Product Tabs' section which appears on the left of the WordPress admin.
- Click 'Add New' to create a product tab.
- Add the tab name, content, and choose which category it will appear on. Alternatively, tick the box to make it appear globally on all products.
- Repeat the process for each tab that you wish to create.
How do I change the order of the tabs?
You can use the 'Priority' field to control the order of each tab in the free version. Enter a number in the priority field for each tab, bearing in mind the priorities which WooCommerce has already assigned to its default tabs:
- Description tab - Priority 10
- Additional Information tab - Priority 20
- Reviews tab - Priority 30
The lowest number tab will appear first on the product page. For example, if you want to add a new tab before the Description then set its priority to something like 5.
For a more user-friendly way to change the order of your tabs, upgrade to premium. This comes with an easy drag-and-drop interface for re-ordering your product page tabs.