The closing date has now passed and we are no longer accepting applications for this position.
SEO content is a key part of our sales strategy. Earlier this year we recruited a Head of Content and a Senior Content Marketer, who are responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of Barn2's content strategy. Much of our content is currently written by freelancer copywriters, and we are looking for a talented copywriter/content writer with WordPress experience to become a permanent member of our team.
You will be responsible for writing new articles and tutorials based on the outlines and SEO research which other members of the marketing team will provide. You will also refresh and improve existing content in order to increase the search rankings and conversions.
Everything you do will be focussed on sales and conversions. You will follow a data-driven content creation cycle, in which you are asked to produce new content in response to data and evidence, which is then evaluated in order to maximize its impact.
This is a permanent, full-time position working remotely from your own location - although we can consider part-time hours if needed. Depending on your skills and experience, we are offering a salary range of $32,000 - $40,000 USD.
Things you’ll be doing
Depending on your skills and experience, you will be doing some or all of the following activities:
- Creating a high volume of high quality blog posts, articles and tutorials to meet the objectives on Barn2’s content calendar and business objectives. These will be based on the outlines provided.
- Optimizing your writing for SEO according to the keywords in the article outline.
- Formatting your work to meet Barn2’s content guidelines in terms of house style and formatting.
- Updating and rewriting existing content - for example, to focus on a different keyword, increase the word count, or to reflect recent changes in a plugin.
- Writing and editing documentation in the plugin knowledge base.
- Producing guest posts for other WordPress-related companies and blogs, based on the outline and guidelines provided by other members of the marketing team.
- Working with customers to create plugin case studies.
- Creating well-optimized supporting images to illustrate content, including plugin screenshots.
- Analyzing the impact of your work and making recommendations for further improvements and/or new content opportunities.
You will need
- Basic experience of working with the WordPress CMS - for example, creating a WordPress site, managing content, or installing plugins.
- Proven experience of writing articles or tutorials about WordPress.
- Proven experience of writing high quality articles and tutorials for publication online.
- SEO experience, including implementing the results of keyword research and writing SEO copy.
- Ability to create professional screenshots to illustrate your articles, including basic image editing such as cropping and sizing images, and optimizing image size for fast load times.
- Perfect written English. If English is not your first language then your written English must be native-sounding.
- Ability to write copy that drives outcomes, translating technical software features into benefits.
- Ability to write in a relaxed but professional tone that reflects the Barn2 brand. Your writing must achieve the right balance between promoting our plugins without appearing too sales-driven.
- Excellent attention to detail, with no errors or spelling mistakes.
- Ability to describe technical software in a clear and accessible way.
You’ll report to
Your direct line manager will be Katie, our Operations Director. You will also work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels, especially within the marketing team. We will work with you to make sure you have everything you need to be successful in this role.
- Full time position - 40 hours per week (negotiable).
- Fully remote working.
- Working with a minimum 2 hours overlap with Central European time.
We are offering a generous salary in the range of $32,000 - $40,000 USD, based on your level of experience.
We are offering a flexible benefits package. The exact details will depend on your location.
- Remote working with a flexible work schedule.
- Generous salary based on location and experience.
- Yearly training budget of $1,000 and access to ongoing off-site training/conferences.
- Minimum 25 days holiday.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Plenty of scope for personal and professional development.
How the role could develop
The role has the potential to grow as you prove your skills and interests in different areas of marketing and business development, and help Barn2 to grow.