The closing date has now passed and we are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Content is a key part of our sales strategy. While we have a YouTube channel with over 3,000 subscribers, our video strategy is not as sophisticated as our other marketing channels and is an area with huge potential. We wish to hire an enthusiastic, fun and talented video creator with WordPress experience to take our videos to the next level. If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll be responsible for creating YouTube videos for Barn2. The videos will be a mix of ‘How to’ tutorials about our plugins, general videos about WordPress and WooCommerce, and announcements about events such as sales and webinars. They will consist of you being on camera, images, and screencasts with voiceover.
You’ll need experience of both hands-on production and editing, taking care of all stages of the video production process. Depending on your skills and experience, you may either implement a video strategy and SEO goals provided by our Head of Content, or you may take the lead on research and strategy yourself.
The role will be flexible and varied, working across multiple video platforms. You’ll need to be motivated to produce high quality content at a high volume with minimal supervision.
Everything you do will be focussed on sales and conversions. You will follow a data-driven video creation cycle, in which you seek evidence to inform planning; implement the videos; and then seek further data to evaluate the impact and make ongoing improvements.
This is a permanent, full-time position working remotely from your own location - although we can consider part-time hours if needed. Depending on your skills and experience, we are offering a flexible salary range of $35,000 - $50,000 USD.
Things you’ll be doing
Depending on your skills and experience, you will be doing some or all of the following activities:
- Creating a video content calendar to deliver Barn2’s video strategy.
- Producing and editing engaging educational, general, and brand video content.
- Working with customers to obtain video testimonials.
- Creating supporting images to illustrate videos, such as opening and closing slides.
- Working with Barn2’s designer to create featured images for videos.
- Optional - Producing other types of video such as video tutorials and animated gifs showcasing our plugins.
- Optional - SEO keyword research and analytics to identify ideas for new videos.
- Optional - Analysing the impact of existing videos and looking for new opportunities.
- Optional - Creating your own featured images for the videos.
- Optional - Networking with other companies to grow our presence across other YouTube channels.
- Optional - Managing Barn2’s paid YouTube ads.
You will need
- Basic experience of working with the WordPress CMS - for example, creating a WordPress site, managing content, or installing plugins.
- Proven experience of producing and editing high quality videos for publication online.
- Experience creating screencasts.
- Ability to create professional images to illustrate your videos, including basic image editing such as cropping and sizing images, and opening and closing slides.
- Familiarity with YouTube trends and conventions, with the ability to utilize these techniques to increase subscribers, views, and overall engagement.
- Perfect spoken English with a clear accent. If English is not your first language then your speech must be completely fluent.
- Good on-camera and narration skills.
- An engaging, enthusiastic personality that will capture the viewer’s interest and make them excited about our products.
- Ability to create videos that drive outcomes, translating software features into compelling videos.
- Ability to describe technical software in a clear and accessible way.
- Ability to present in a relaxed but professional tone that reflects the Barn2 brand. Your videos must achieve the right balance between promoting our plugins without appearing too sales-driven.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Relaxed and confident in front of the camera.
Nice to have
- Advanced-level WordPress experience, plus WooCommerce. (Coding experience is not required.)
- Proven experience in creating and implementing video strategy, with a strong instinct for what makes video content succeed online.
- Proven experience of creating videos about WordPress themes and plugins.
- Experience of using analytics and other tools to evaluate the impact of videos and identify new opportunities.
- Ability to create more advanced graphics and animated gifs.
- Experience of managing and evaluating YouTube ads.
- Networking skills, with the ability to perform effective outreach and link building work, nurturing relationships with influential Vloggers.
You’ll report to
Your direct line manager will be Katie, our Operations Director. You will also work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels, especially within the marketing team. We will work with you to make sure you have everything you need to be successful in this role.
- Full time position - 40 hours per week (negotiable).
- Fully remote working.
- Working with a minimum 2 hours overlap with Central European time.
We are offering a generous salary in the range of $35,000 - $50,000 USD, based on your level of experience.
To receive an offer at the upper end of the range, you would need to fully meet all of the ‘Nice to have’ criteria.
We are offering a flexible benefits package. The exact details will depend on your location.
- Remote working with a flexible work schedule.
- Generous salary based on location and experience.
- Yearly training budget of $1,000 and access to ongoing off-site training/conferences.
- Minimum 25 days holiday.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Plenty of scope for personal and professional development.