Closing date: Friday 21 May, 2021
We’re looking for an experienced WordPress and WooCommerce plugin developer with advanced skills in building robust, well-coded, professional-grade plugins.
You will be responsible for developing new plugins, adding new features, troubleshooting and fixing issues with existing plugins, managing plugin updates, and improving the plugin development process.
Things you’ll be doing
- Acting as the lead developer for specific named plugins.
- Developing new market-ready plugins.
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues with existing plugins, and liaising with the support team as required.
- Adding new features to existing plugins.
- Plugin testing and running automated tests using Ghost Inspector.
- Improving the plugin development processes - e.g. testing, code standards, plugin builds, automation.
- Identifying and applying new tools and technologies to improve the plugin development process.
You will need
- 5+ years professional software development experience.
- Experience developing WordPress plugins from scratch.
- A strong PHP and OOP development background.
- Modern PHP development skills, knowledge of WordPress coding standards, PSR recommendations, etc.
- Experience developing with APIs and the WordPress REST API.
- Good understanding of common software design patterns.
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce including internal code and database structure.
Nice to have
- React and Gutenberg development experience.
- Experience developing commercial WordPress plugins.
- Experience with automated testing tools, e.g. Ghost Inspector, Selenium.
- Experience of formal unit testing and tools such as PHPUnit.
- An IT-related degree or other formal training in software development.
How your role could develop
Your role has potential to become more involved in the strategic development of the company, such as:
- Researching and identifying gaps in the market for new plugins or features, and performing competitor analysis.
- Involvement in strategy and requirements-setting to scope and plan new plugins.
- Developing new flagship plugins.
You’ll report to
Your direct line manager will be Katie, our Operations Director. You will work closely with our Andy as Technical Director, as well as working collaboratively with colleagues at all levels and experts in all functions. We will work with you to make sure you have everything you need to be successful in this role.
- Full time position, approximately 40 hours per week.
- Fully remote working.
- Working with a minimum 3 hours overlap with UK time (GMT).
We will pay a competitive salary for a senior plugin developer based on your level of experience and location. Example salary ranges are:
- High cost of living (e.g. San Francisco, Sydney, London) - $75,000 - $95,000 USD
- Average cost of living (e.g. Berlin, Lisbon, Lyon) - $50,000 - $70,000 USD
- Low cost of living (e.g. Buenos Aires, Manila, Cape Town) - $33,000 - $45,000 USD
To earn the upper end of the range, you would need a proven track record developing commercial WordPress and WooCommerce plugins.
There is potential for increased salary and/or profit share as you continue to develop the role. The more you contribute to our ongoing success, the more we will reward you for it!
We are offering a flexible benefits package. The exact details will depend on your location.
- Remote working with a flexible work schedule.
- Generous salary based on location and experience.
- Yearly training budget of $1,000 and access to ongoing off-site training/conferences.
- 25 days holiday.
- Performance-related bonus.