Closing date: Friday 18 February, 2022
Content is a key part of our sales strategy. Our content planning and production are currently outsourced to various SEO experts, copywriters and video producers. We’re looking to bring some or all of this work in-house by hiring a talented content creator. If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll take a lead role in taking our organic traffic and conversions to the next level. As well as evaluating and improving our existing content, you’ll actively seek out new content opportunities.
The role will be flexible and varied, working across multiple content channels. You’ll need to be motivated to produce high quality content at a high volume with minimal supervision.
Everything you do will be focussed on sales and conversions. You will follow a data-driven content cycle, in which you seek evidence to inform content planning; implement the content; and then seek further data to evaluate the impact and make ongoing improvements.
This is a permanent, full-time position working remotely from your own location. Depending on your skills and experience, it could be an intermediate or a senior-level role. As a result, we are offering a flexible salary range of $35,000 - $55,000 USD.
Things you’ll be doing
Depending on your skills and experience, you will be doing some or all of the following activities:
- SEO keyword research and analytics to identify ideas for new articles and other content opportunities.
- Creating a content calendar.
- Writing in-depth tutorials about how to achieve particular tasks using Barn2’s plugins.
- Updating and rewriting existing content - for example, to focus on a different keyword or to reflect recent changes in the plugin.
- Writing and editing documentation in the plugin knowledge base.
- Writing the text for product pages.
- Creating and updating newsletters and automated email marketing campaigns - both pre and post-purchase.
- Working with customers to create plugin case studies.
- Creating supporting images to illustrate content.
- Producing other types of content such as video tutorials and animated gifs.
- Managing Barn2’s social media profiles, including composing regular tweets and Facebook updates.
- Managing Barn2’s paid ads.
- Networking with other companies.
- Assigning and supervising work - for example, working with Barn2’s designer and freelance copywriters.
You will need
- Basic experience of working with the WordPress CMS - for example, creating a WordPress site, managing content, or installing plugins.
- Proven experience of writing high quality articles and tutorials for publication online.
- SEO experience, including keyword research and writing SEO copy.
- Ability to create professional screenshots to illustrate your articles, including basic image editing such as cropping and sizing images, and optimizing image size for fast load times.
- Perfect written English. If English is not your first language then your written English must be native-sounding.
- Ability to write copy that drives outcomes, translating technical software features into benefits.
- Ability to write in a relaxed but professional tone that reflects the Barn2 brand. Your writing must achieve the right balance between promoting our plugins without appearing too sales-driven.
- Excellent attention to detail, with no errors or spelling mistakes.
- Ability to describe technical software in a clear and accessible way.
Nice to have
- Advanced-level WordPress experience, plus basic HTML and CSS.
- Proven experience of writing tutorials about WordPress themes and plugins.
- Experience of using Google Analytics to evaluate website content and identify new opportunities.
- Creating, editing, and publishing video content.
- Ability to create more advanced graphics and animated gifs.
- Experience of email marketing software such as MailChimp.
- Experience of using Google Optimize or other A/B testing tools to test the effectiveness of your work (e.g. testing headlines and call-to-action placement).
- Experience of Pay Per Click advertising, such as Google AdWords and Facebook Ads.
- Networking skills, with the ability to perform effective outreach and link building work, nurturing relationships with influential bloggers and colleagues from other companies.
How your role could develop
The role has potential to expand more widely into business development and strategy. Depending on your skills, you could be promoted into a marketing manager position in which you would take a lead role in Barn2’s future growth and development.
You’ll report to
Your direct line manager will be Katie, our Operations Director. You will also work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels. We will work with you to make sure you have everything you need to be successful in this role.
- Full time position, 40 hours per week.
- Fully remote working.
- Working with a minimum 3 hours overlap with UK time (GMT).
We are offering a generous salary in the range of $35,000 - $55,000 USD, based on your level of experience and location.
To receive an offer at the upper end of the range, you would need to be very strong in all of the ‘Nice to have’ criteria.
We are offering a flexible benefits package. The exact details will depend on your location.
- Remote working with a flexible work schedule.
- Generous salary based on location and experience.
- Yearly training budget of $1,000 and access to ongoing off-site training/conferences
- Minimum 25 days holiday.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Plenty of scope for personal and professional development.