What types of discount are available?
The WooCommerce discount plugin lets you create 8 different types of discount:
- Simple discount - Reduces the price by a straightforward percentage or fixed amount.
- Based on total spend - Gives the customer a percentage or fixed amount discount when they spend a minimum amount.
- Free products - When the customer buys a minimum number of products, you can mark some of the products in their cart as free. This is great for WooCommerce buy one get one free deals (e.g. "BOGO on t-shirts") and other types of giveaway (e.g. "Buy 2 make-up items and get a free lipstick").
- Buy X products for a fixed price - Create fixed price deals, such as "Buy 5 t-shirts for $50".
- Buy X products for X discount - Give customers a % or fixed price discount when they buy a minimum quantity of products. You can choose whether to apply the discount to the entire cart, or products over the qualifying amount only. You can also choose how many products to discount.
- Bulk pricing - Create WooCommerce bulk discounts with as many quantity-based pricing tiers as you like. For example, you might give 10% discount for 5-9 products, or 20% for orders of more than 10 products. You can either apply the bulk pricing discounts across the entire cart, or to specific products only.
You can choose which products and categories to use each discount on, the start and end date, and which users and roles it applies to. Mix and match the options to create an incredibly flexible set of discount rules for your WooCommerce store.
Can I create sitewide sales?
Absolutely! With WooCommerce Discount Manager, you can create discounts which apply globally across your entire store.
If you like, then you can exclude specific products or categories from a sitewide sale. This gives you total control.
Can I add different discounts per product or category?
Yes. When you create a discount, you can either apply it sitewide or select specific products and/or categories that it will be used on.
Category-based discounts will automatically be used for the selected category and its sub-categories. If you don't want this then you can create unique discounts for each sub-category.
Can I offer discounts to specific users or roles?
Yes! You can use WooCommerce Discount Manager to create role-based pricing and even customer-specific pricing which is only used for selected user accounts. When you create a discount or deal, simply select which users and/or roles it will apply to.
Can I schedule discounts for a particular date?
The WooCommerce discount plugin has an option to choose a start and/or end date for each discount rule. This is a great way to pre-schedule sales instead of remembering to manually start and end them at the correct time. For example, you can set up Black Friday discounts in advance and choose a start and end date so that you don't need to do anything later.
Can I display the available discounts in the front end?
Unlike some WooCommerce dynamic pricing plugins, Discount Manager provides various ways for you to promote your discounts in the front end. That's essential to encouraging customers to add more items to their cart and take advantage of the available discounts.
- Simple discounts (e.g. 10% off) are automatically displayed on shop pages, product pages, etc. The original price is crossed out with the discounted price displayed alongside.
- For each discount type, you can add some custom content which appears on the product page. For example, you might add some text about the discount. Alternatively, you might add an eye-catching box containing the discount details.
- For bulk discounts, you can display a tiered pricing table on your chosen location on the product page. This lists the quantity-based pricing tiers in a table so that customers can see how the price will reduce as they add more and more to their cart.
- The cart page shows the discounted amounts as well as the total amount save.
- You can optionally add a notice which appears at the top of the cart page, such as "Your 50% Black Friday discount has been applied".
Can customers see how much they have saved?
The cart page include a 'Total saved' row, showing the customer how much they have saved.
In addition, simple discounts are displayed throughout your store with the main price crossed out and the discounted price visible alongside. This makes it clear how much they are saving before adding products to the cart.
Can I create wholesale discounts with quantity-based pricing?
Most WooCommerce wholesale stores require a combination of the following types of discount:
- Role-based discounts to charge different prices to different user groups (e.g. normal customers and wholesale buyers).
- Quantity-based discounts to reward wholesale users for buying in bulk.
You can achieve this using the WooCommerce Discount Manager on its own, as it comes with role-based pricing as well as quantity-based pricing options.
However, for best results, we recommend using WooCommerce Discount Manager alongside our other plugin - WooCommerce Wholesale Pro. This comes complete with all the other features you need to build a successful wholesale store such as wholesale user registration and approval, unlimited wholesale user roles, wholesale-specific tax, payment and shipping options. You can use WooCommerce Wholesale Pro for the role-based pricing, and Discount Manager for the quantity-based discounts.
Can two discount rules be applied at once?
We've written our WooCommerce discount plugin in a way that ensures that multiple discounts can never be applied in a way that could be unprofitable for you. If more than one discount rule could potentially apply to a particular product, then the plugin uses a priority system to decide which discount to use - it will never apply multiple discounts to the same product at once.
You can easily set the priority order of your discounts through a simple drag-and-drop interface.
Will it work with my theme & other plugins?
When WooCommerce Discount Manager displays discount information in the front end, it uses the styling options from your theme. This ensures that the discounts will look good in any WordPress theme.
WooCommerce Discount Manager is fully compatible with all Barn2 plugins. For example:
- Wholesale Pro - The quantity-based bulk discounts in Discount Manager work alongside the role-based wholesale discounts in our wholesale plugin.
- Product Table and Restaurant Ordering - Discounted prices are clearly displayed on your product order forms.
- Quick View Pro - Discounted prices are clearly displayed in the quick view lightbox. If you have entered custom text to promote the discount then this will appear in the lightbox too.
- Fast Cart - The popup cart displays the discounts which have been applied.
Our WooCommerce discount plugin is also compatible with many plugins from other companies. We have published a list of plugins we have tested with, although it will work with many other plugins too.
What are the purchase options?
Clicking the Buy button above will take you to the purchase options. You can choose either a Lifetime or Annual software license.
- Lifetime licenses never expire. It's a one-time payment which includes all future plugin updates, new features and support, forever.
- Annual licenses are renewed once a year. As long as you have an active license, you will receive support, plugin updates and new features. If your license ever expires then you can continue using the plugin, but won't receive any further updates or support.
You can also choose the number of sites that you can use the plugin on.
Does it work in my language?
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
WooCommerce Discount Manager is fully tested with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version, but we also support older installations:
- WooCommerce 6.5 or greater (tested to 8.6.1)
- WordPress 6.0 or greater (tested to 6.4.3)
- PHP 7.4 or greater (tested to 8.1.27)
- MySQL 5.7.8 or greater / MariaDB 10.3 or greater