What are the different types of fields available with the plugin?
The plugin comes with multiple fields that you can easily add to your products. You get the following options with the plugin:
- Text: Allows customers to enter custom text.
- Checkbox: Allows customers to select multiple addons for products.
- Radio button: Allows customers to select one of the multiple options available.
- Text area: Allows customers to enter a message related to the order.
- File upload: Allows customers to upload files while placing the order.
- Number: Collect numeric information such as a phone number, measurements or dimensions.
- Color swatches: Allows customers to select a color for the product. For example, T-shirts, hats, and shoes.
- Dropdown: Allows customers to select an option from a dropdown menu.
- Customer-defined pricing: Allows customers to select custom prices.
- Price formula: Create a WooCommerce price calculator with a custom formula to calculate the price based on the information submitted by the customer. For example, this is perfect for creating a measurement price calculator for products priced by size, weight or area.
- Date: Lets customers select a date and/or time.
- Products: Select individual products or products from a specific category to appear as product options.
Static information fields
In addition, WooCommerce Product Options comes with two field types which you can use to structure your product add-ons. Use these to add instructions, headings between different types of add-on, and so on:
- Visual editor: Display static information such as headings or introductory sentences.
- HTML: Enter HTML code to appear on the front end.
Can I add multiple option fields to the same product?
Absolutely! With WooCommerce Product Options, you can add an unlimited number of custom fields to each product.
Either display the same fields on all your products, or different fields on different products and categories.
Is it possible to add the same fields to multiple products?
Yes. Your extra product fields are structured into option groups. This makes it easy to assign each group to any product or product category. Alternatively, make a group visible globally and then exclude it from specific products or categories.
This means that if you have lots of products in the same category, there's no need to update them individually. Instead, simply edit the options in the group, and all your products will update instantly. This saves you a lot of time and effort when adding and updating product add-on fields.
Can I charge an additional fee for product add-ons?
Yes! With WooCommerce Product Options, you get multiple variable pricing options that can help you add pricing based on the nature of the addon:
- Flat fee: This adds a predefined flat fee to the product price. You can use this to increase or decrease the total price of the product.
- Quantity-based fee: Increases the price depending on the number of product options added. Again, you can use this to increase or decrease the total price of the product.
- Percentage increase: Increases the product's price by a predefined percentage value.
- Percentage decrease: Decreases the product's price by a predefined percentage value.
- Character count: Increases the price depending on the number of characters entered in the text field.
- Customer-defined price: Adds a price field, so that customers can enter an amount to be added to the product price. Perfect for creating a WooCommerce Name Your Price field, for example, to collect charity donations or tips/gratuities.
- Price formula: Calculates a custom price based on the information provided by the customer.
The price for each product add-on appears alongside the field. In addition, the total for the product with all the selected options and quantities will appear above the add to cart button. That way, customers know exactly how much they will pay.
How does the date picker field work?
WooCommerce Product Options makes it easy to add a date picker field to any product. Customers choose the date and/or time from a calendar before adding the product to their cart. You can control which dates are available, for example by disabling dates in the past or future, disabling the current date, and marking specific dates as unavailable.
How does the WooCommerce measurement price calculator field work?
You can add a measurement price calculator to any product by adding one or more number fields, plus a price formula field.
For example, you might add number fields for 'Width' and 'Length'. Then, you might create a custom price formula which multiples the width and length by the price per meter to calculate the correct cost for the product. This is an excellent way to sell made-to-measure or cut-to-size products.
How does the conditional logic work?
Displaying product options conditionally is one of the most unique features of the Product Options plugin. You can show or hide product fields depending on which other options are selected.
Simply assign conditional logic to a field and make it show/hide depending on the input in another field.
For example, imagine that you're selling mobile phone covers with customization options, such as uploading an image or typing a name. You can keep the product page neat and tidy by adding a single 'Customization' field. Use conditional logic to hide the image upload and text fields until the customer choosesthe 'Customization' option. Creating dependent fields like this is much cleaner than displaying them to all customers.
Can I add default values for my product add-ons?
Absolutely - just tick the 'Selected' option next to each option that you would like to be pre-selected by default. That way, the customer doesn't need to bother selecting it manually.
This is a great idea for mandatory/required add-ons, or optional extras that you want to encourage customers to add to their cart.
Can I manage stock for product add-ons?
Yes, if you use the 'Products' option type. This is where you select other products (or products from a specific category) to appear as options, instead of adding the options manually.
For example, you might have a smartphone product and select a 'phone case' and 'screen protector' product to appear as options on the smartphone product page. Since they are actual products elsewhere in your store, they are covered by the usual WooCommerce stock management.
Does the file upload field support multiple files?
Yes - when you create a file upload add-on, you can choose how many files the user can upload. As a result, you can use it to create an individual file upload field, or allow multiple file uploads.
If you require multiple file uploads, then you can achieve this either by creating a single field that supports multiple files; or multiple fields which allow one file each. We recommend choosing whichever option would be most intuitive for your customers.
You can also control other elements of the file upload field, such as the maximum file size and allowed file types.
Will it work with my theme & other plugins?
We have tested WooCommerce Product Options with a range of free and premium themes and are confident it will look great with your theme. Our plugin support includes helping with theme-related conflicts.
The extra product fields use font styling from the theme, and we have designed it to look good with all themes.
WooCommerce Product Options is fully compatible with all Barn2 plugins, and most plugins from other companies. We have published a list of plugins we have tested with, although it will work with most other plugins too.
What are the purchase options?
Clicking the Buy button above will take you to the purchase options. You can choose either a Lifetime or Annual software license.
- Lifetime licenses never expire. It's a one-time payment which includes all future plugin updates, new features and support, forever.
- Annual licenses are renewed once a year. As long as you have an active license, you will receive support, plugin updates and new features. If your license ever expires then you can continue using the plugin, but won't receive any further updates or support.
You can also choose the number of sites that you can use the plugin on.
Does it work in my language?
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
WooCommerce Product Options is fully tested with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version, but we also support older installations:
WooCommerce 6.5 or greater (tested to 8.3.1)
WordPress 6.0 or greater (tested to 6.4.1)
PHP 7.4 or greater (tested to 8.1.22)
MySQL 5.7.8 or greater / MariaDB 10.3 or greater