If you are running an eCommerce store, you’ll know the importance of having a seamless checkout experience. It’s where your site visitors turn into paying ones. While WooCommerce is perfect for managing and running an eCommerce site, its checkout process might not be ideal for every store’s needs. This is where WooCommerce checkout plugins come in.
To make the checkout process more seamless for any WooCommerce store, you need a WooCommerce checkout plugin. WooCommerce checkout plugins are designed to make the checkout process more optimized and frictionless. This is done in various ways, such as improving the checkout page design, adding more payment gateways, adding upsell and cross-selling options, etc. For any WooCommerce checkout plugin, the end goal is to remove any friction from the checkout page and make the entire checkout process more efficient and uninterrupted on an eCommerce platform.
In this article, we will take a look at the best WooCommerce checkout plugins on the market. We’ll consider each plugin's features, pricing, pros, and cons. By the end of this article, you’ll clearly understand the benefits of using a checkout plugin and the best WooCommerce plugin alternatives you can consider for your website.
So, without any further ado, let’s first answer this question:
What are the benefits of using WooCommerce checkout plugins?
Even if you have an efficient checkout process with a low cart abandonment rate, you can make the process more flexible by integrating the right tools. In addition to the efficiency and ease of use, there are other benefits.
Here’s why you need to use a WooCommerce Checkout plugin.
Enhancing the customer experience
With the right checkout plugin, you can fully control your checkout process. You can customize the fields they need to fill out during the checkout process, such as removing unnecessary fields or adding additional fields to collect more customer details. This will help you create a smoother user experience for customers, making them more likely to complete their purchases.
Streamlining the checkout process
The standard checkout process is designed to fit all use cases, and sometimes, some steps can be unnecessary for some businesses. To make the checkout work for your business, you can add features such as one-click checkout, in-screen popup checkout, or even instant checkout. These features can save time for customers and reduce the chances of cart abandonment.
Increasing conversion rates
A more user-friendly checkout process can increase the likelihood of customers completing their purchases, in turn boosting your conversion rates. By using a WooCommerce checkout plugin, you can upgrade the checkout process and eliminate any potential roadblocks and leakages that might be preventing customers from completing their purchases.
Option to add additional features
In addition to making the checkout process more seamless and optimized, you can add extra features to your store’s checkout process. You can add multiple components, such as:
- One-click checkout: A one-click checkout mechanism will let your customer complete the process without the need to fill out multiple forms or go through unnecessary steps.
- Customize checkout fields: With a checkout plugin, you can tailor the process by adding or removing fields per your store’s needs.
- Abandoned cart recovery: Some WooCommerce plugins also let you recover abandoned cards by sending customers follow-up emails reminding them about their incomplete purchases.
- Multi-step checkout: Sometimes, the standard checkout process can be a little intimidating for some customers. Breaking down the default checkout into multiple steps can make it easier for customers to digest and complete the checkout.
- Popup checkout: With a popup cart and checkout mechanism, your customers can place the order without leaving the product page. This makes the checkout process look more seamless.
- Direct checkout: With direct checkout, the customer can directly place the order for a product without the need to visit the cart page. The checkout is initiated instantly, and the customer does not need to go through multiple pages to complete the purchase.
Best WooCommerce checkout plugins
Now that we know the benefits of adding a checkout plugin to your store, let’s check out the top WooCommerce checkout plugins. If you are looking answer to the question, “What is the most popular WooCommerce checkout plugin?" this section will answer all your questions.
I’ll be reviewing the 12 best WooCommerce checkout plugins in this section. Each plugin in this list performs a different function as they are all designed to solve different challenges, so make sure you read through the whole list. Go through each plugin and then choose the right ones for your store after considering how they can help you boost your sales and conversions.
So, what are the 12 best WooCommerce checkout plugins for 2023? Here’s a quick rundown of our top picks.
- WooCommerce Fast Cart
- Yith Checkout Manager
- Flux Checkout
- WooCommerce Direct Checkout
- One Page Checkout for WooCommerce
- Iconic Sales Booster
- WooCommerce Buy Now
- PayPal Checkout for WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Multiple Email Recipients
- Social Login for WooCommerce
- WPML WooCommerce Multilingual Currency
Let’s check out each plugin in more detail.
If you want to speed up and optimize your store’s checkout process, WooCommerce Fast Cart is the perfect plugin for you. The plugin is designed to help customers quickly add products to their in-page cart and complete the checkout process without leaving the current page.
The plugin also updates the shopping cart using its AJAX technology. This means users can add products to their cart without reloading the page. This makes the shopping experience super seamless.
Since customers can place orders without loading multiple pages one after another, it makes the overall checkout process look super smooth and free of distractions. You can even strategically redirect their attention towards upsells and cross-promotions on the floating cart.
WooCommerce Fast Cart features
WooCommerce Fast Cart is loaded with multiple features to help you create a swift and customized checkout experience on your eCommerce website. Here are some of the most prominent features of the plugin.
- WooCommerce Fast Cart simplifies the standard checkout process to increase conversions with a popup cart and checkout mechanism.
- The Cart and/or Checkout can be loaded on any page without redirecting the users to a new page.
- You can fully customize the cart and checkout and make the design as well as functional changes, such as changing button colors, displaying upsells, changing the layout, SEO, adding CSS, product image size, etc.
- You get support for almost every payment gateway, including PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, Amazon, and more.
- You can enable auto-open or display a floating cart button or icon on the website to launch the shopping cart and checkout instantly.
- For an even faster checkout process, enable the 'Direct checkout' option. This skips the cart and opens the checkout so that customers can complete their purchase straight away.
YITH Checkout Manager is a comprehensive checkout process customization plugin that lets you customize the checkout process of your store. With this plugin, you can add/remove and modify checkout fields, radio buttons, and checkboxes and take full control over the forms on your WooCommerce site.
In addition, you can also add conditional fields to your forms. With this functionality, you can show or hide WooCommerce checkout fields depending on products and categories added to the shopping cart. You can also show or hide checkout form fields depending on what other fields have been selected.
If you want to show custom fields in a popup window, you can use YITH Checkout Manager with the WooCommerce Fast Cart plugin. The plugins work seamlessly to give you the option to display custom and conditional checkout fields in a popup checkout mechanism.
YITH Checkout Manager features
- You can use the drag-and-drop checkout field editor to customize the checkout form and see all the changes happening with the live preview feature.
- You can display/hide conditionals fields based on products/categories in the cart or depending on the selection of other checkout fields.
- You can also customize payment method orders and configure tax and shipping options.
- You get access to a reliable support team and a detailed knowledge base.
YITH Checkout Manager pricing
You can get the plugin for $69.99 per year for a single website. The plugin also has a 30-day money-back guarantee. For this price, you get support and updates for one year with this pro version subscription.
Want to give it a try? Download YITH Checkout Manager.
Another great way to reduce cart abandonment is by breaking down and simplifying the checkout process. A multi-step checkout can reduce information overload and make the process more seamless. This way, the checkout process is more comprehensible for most users.
In addition to cognitive help, multi-step checkouts give a more visually appealing purchase experience.
Do you want to display a multi-step checkout form in a popup? Well, the answer is super simple, use Flux Checkout with the WooCommerce Fast Cart plugin. Combining both plugins allows you to display an on-page fast cart popup with a simplified multi-step checkout form. This is what your popup multi-step checkout would look like:
Flux Checkout features
- Customize the checkout form as per your store’s needs by choosing from predesigned style templates.
- With Address Autocomplete, you can let Flux Checkout auto-populate all fields once the customer selects their address.
- You can even change the order completion, or the thank you page with a custom page.
- The plugin is easy to set up and is backed by an expert support team and an in-depth knowledge base.
Flux Checkout pricing
The Flux Checkout plugin costs $99 per year for a single site license. If you want to install Flux Checkout on more websites, you can go with the three sites or 30-site license, which costs $199 and $619 per year, respectively. You get a 30-day money-back guarantee with this plugin.
Want to give it a try? Download Flux Checkout
Often, it is better to push your customer directly to the checkout page than to have them go through the cart page. You can use the free WooCommerce Direct Checkout plugin to let your customers bypass the cart page and go directly to the checkout page.
The plugin adds a “Purchase” or “Buy Now” link that allows visitors to place an order without the need to review the cart. The plugin has other useful features, such as the option to remove checkout fields, AJAX add to cart, and a quick purchase button option.
If you have the WooCommerce Fast Cart plugin, you won’t need this plugin because it comes with built-in direct checkout functionality. With WooCommerce Fast Cart, you can let your customers skip the cart page and launch an in-page checkout process. However, if you would prefer for your customers to check out on a separate page, you can do it with the Direct Checkout for WooCommerce plugin.
Direct Checkout for WooCommerce pricing
The free version of the plugin is available on the WordPress repository. There are premium versions of the plugin that comes with additional features like a quick purchase button, one-page checkout, and AJAX add-to-cart option. The paid version costs $49 for a single-site license, $99 for a 5-site license, and $149 for an unlimited sites license.
Want to give it a try? Download Direct Checkout for WooCommerce
As the name suggests, the plugin helps you set up a one-page checkout mechanism on your WooCommerce store. So, with the plugin in place, your customers can choose products, checkout, and complete the payment all on the same page.
The plugin displays both product selection and checkout forms on a single page. This way, customers can add or remove products from their cart and pay without leaving the page and waiting for another page to load.
WooCommerce One Page Checkout features
- Let your customers select the products, review the cart and complete the payment all from the same page.
- The plugin is super simple to set up and comes with a detailed knowledge base.
- You can also create a custom, unique landing page for special promotions and occasions.
- With built-in and custom templates, you can choose a suitable layout for your store.
- You get support from the WooCommerce team.
To create a more structured checkout process, you can integrate WooCommerce One Page Checkout with the WooCommerce Product Table plugin. By using both plugins, you can display the cart in a table-style format and let users check out from the same page. If you want to learn more, check out this detailed guide on creating a one-page checkout for WooCommerce. Here you'll learn how you can create a simple and organized checkout process with a product cart table display like so:
WooCommerce One-Page Checkout pricing
The plugin costs $79 per year and comes with all the features. You get updates and support for a one-year subscription, and you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Want to give it a try? Download WooCommerce One Page Checkout plugin.
With the Iconic Sales Booster plugin, you can add a range of features to your checkout page designed to encourage customers to complete their purchases.
The plugin adds order bump upsells to the checkout by upselling and cross-promoting other products. This can increase the average order value by encouraging customers to purchase additional products at checkout.
Features of Iconic Sales Booster
- Automatically promote related products by cross-selling on the products page.
- Display a related product popup after a customer adds a product to their cart.
- You can even cross-promote products to customers post-checkout and display lucrative one-time offers to increase sales in your store.
- You get access to user insights, compatibility with any WordPress theme and payment gateway, along with reliable support.
If you use the Iconic Sales Booster with the WooCommerce Fast Cart plugin, the cross-promotion order bumps will appear in the popup checkout. This will help you increase your order value while keeping the checkout process seamless and speeding up the overall process.
Iconic Sales Booster pricing
The plugin costs $79 per year for a single site license. If you want licenses for multiple websites, you can go for 3-site or 30-site licenses, which costs $159 and $489 per year, respectively.
Want to give it a try? Download Iconic Sales Booster.
If you wish to add an immediate checkout option on your website, the WooCoomerce Buy Now plugin is a very good option. With WooCommerce Buy Now, you can add a one-click checkout mechanism on your store that skips the cart page and redirects users to checkout / any other predefined page.
While the plugin’s function is pretty straightforward, it comes with a few additional features that can help you make the checkout more seamless.
WooCommerce Buy Now features
- WooCommerce Buy Now can help you increase conversions by letting your customers quickly place orders without the need to visit the cart page.
- You can embed coupons with the WooCommerce Buy Now plugin, where the discount will automatically be applied when a user initiates a checkout.
- Not just the checkout page; you can redirect the users to any other page using the buy now links.
- You get compatibility with all payment gateways. With popular payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe, you get a one-click order completion option as well.
- With the Quick Checkout feature, you can let your non-logged-in users or guest users place an order without logging in.
WooCommerce Buy Now pricing
The WooCommerce Buy Now feature is part of the Cashier plugin. You can get the Cashier plugin for $149. You get updates and support for one year and a 30-day money-back guarantee with this plugin.
Want to give it a try? Download WooCommerce Buy Now.
PayPal is one of the leading payment gateways and one of the highly preferred payment alternatives for online shoppers. With PayPal Checkout for WooCommerce, you can easily add PayPal as a payment gateway to your WooCommerce Store.
By adding PayPal as a payment gateway, you can allow your store shoppers to make payments to you through PayPal, which is a well-known gateway currently being used by millions of people worldwide.
It’s worth mentioning that adding PayPal Payments is not the same as just having PayPal as a payment option during checkout. With PayPal Payments, the plugin adds the PayPal interface and buttons earlier in the purchase process (such as the single product page or the popup cart in WooCommerce Fast Cart) and effectively replaces the WooCommerce Checkout with PayPal.
By integrating the familiar PayPal checkout process into your online store, you can boost more conversions as people know the interface, thus removing any roadblocks.
Features of PayPal Payments
- The plugin lets you integrate the PayPal checkout interface into your store to help build trust and boost conversions.
- The plugin also lets your customer pay using Venmo (US), Pay Later, and credit & debit cards at no additional cost.
- You get additional benefits such as instant access to funds, fraud detection, global compliance, etc.
- With PayPal checkout, you can target international audiences as well as most other emerging markets.
PayPal Payments is available for free to download. You can get it here.
WooCommerce Multiple Email Recipients lets you display additional customer email fields on the WooCommerce checkout page. With this, you can send purchase confirmation and order status emails to multiple recipients. This is particularly useful for businesses that need to send confirmation emails to multiple departments and/or team members (for example, to copy in the billing department instead of having to forward the email manually).
WooCommerce Multiple Email Recipients features
- The plugin will automatically notify all the set recipients about the order confirmation depending on the products ordered.
- You can control the additional email fields and display them on the account or checkout pages.
- The plugin is super easy to set up and takes less than 5 minutes to complete the setup process.
- You can also control the order notification emails based on WooCommerce products or categories.
- The plugin also helps with email marketing by automatically forwarding emails to necessary accounts.
WooCommerce Multiple Email Recipients pricing
The WooCommerce Multiple Email Recipients plugin costs $49 for a single site license, and you can get the license for upto 20 sites for $179. If you are planning to buy the WooCommerce Fast Cart plugin as well, you can get the two plugin bundle for just $99. You also get a 30-day no questions asked money-back guarantee.
Often users abandon the checkout process due to the need to fill in too many checkout fields and one way to reduce this requirement is by enabling social media login on your WooCommerce store. With Social Login and Register for WordPress, you can let your potential customer place orders by simply logging in using a social platform.
The free version of the WordPress Social Login lets you integrate with 11 social platforms such as Facebook, Google, Discord, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.
WordPress Social Login features
- You can choose from 10+ popular social platforms to let your customers log in and complete the purchase.
- The plugin’s setup process is pretty straightforward, and you can complete the setup process in minutes.
- Set assigning user roles to users logging in from particular social platforms on automation.
- Set up auto redirects to any page of your choice to redirect users to any page after logging in or logging out.
- You can also control the design and display aspects, such as the color of the social icons, positioning, etc.
- You can display social login icons anywhere on the WordPress website using shortcodes.
- You also get additional social features such as social sharing options, Facebook comments, Disqus comments, floating social share widgets, etc.
WordPress Social Login pricing
The WordPress Social Login plugin is available for free on the WordPress repository. There is also a paid version, which starts at $89 and comes with the option to choose from 40+ social login apps.
Want to give it a try? Download WordPress Social Login
This charity donation plugin allows customers to make a donation to a charity at the checkout, which can be a good way to increase conversions by appealing to customers' sense of social responsibility.
GiveWP makes receiving donations super easy, and allowing users to donate during the checkout makes them more likely to donate, as they are already prepared to enter their card details.
You can use Donation upsells for WooCommerce to combine WooCommerce and GiveWP. With this integration, you can let customers donate a set amount to the charity of their choice.
If you are using WooCommerce Fast Cart, the extra donation fields will appear in the on-page mini checkout. Your customer will be able to purchase the products and make a donation in a single translation without leaving the page. You can add all the interactive options to your charity section without compromising the design of your checkout process. This is what your WooCommerce cart donation section could look like.
GiveWP Donation Upsells pricing
The donation upsell for WooCommerce is part of the Plus, Pro, and Agency plans. The Plus plan of GiveWP costs $349 per year and comes with all the premium add-ons GiveWP has to offer. You can also go for the Pro plan for $499 per year and get access to VIP Support and peer-to-peer fundraising. If you would just want the Donations Upsells for WooCommerce, you can get it for $149 per year.
Want to give it a try? Download GiveWP.
If you are selling and shipping to multiple countries with different currencies, WooCommerce Multilingual and Multicurrency (WPML) can help you with any currency conversion-related issues.
You can set up and manage products in multiple currencies to start selling internationally. The plugin is designed to make the checkout user experience more seamless for international audiences. And this is done by letting customers pay in their currency without the need for them to convert prices and currencies. You can check your WooCommerce site's geographic traffic sources on Google Analytics before selecting currencies for making the right currency selections.
With this plugin, you can add a currency switcher to your WordPress site and let your customer choose their preferred currency from the dropdown list. You also get multiple other nifty features, such as you can set custom prices and rates for different currencies, setting your own currency exchange or connecting with an automatic service, formatting your currencies, etc. If you want to check out our detailed review of the WPML plugin, you can check it here.
WPML WooCommerce Multilingual Currency features
- Display multiple currencies and cater to an international audience even if you are selling digital products such as software or bookings.
- You can set your own custom exchange rates or connect with an automatic updating service.
- This plugin allows you to set custom additional shipping rates in your secondary currencies.
- You can also add and display currency swithers to your e-commerce site.
- The plugin can automatically change the currency based on the location of the customer.
- When used with WPML, you can translate and customize all content on your WooCommerce store.
WPML WooCommerce Multilingual Currency Pricing
You can download the WPML free plugin from the WordPress repository. If you want the premium version, you can get it for $39 for a single site 1-year license. If you want more features, you can go with the Multilingual CMS plan, which costs $99 per year and has every feature WPML has to offer.
Want to give it a try? Download WPML Multilingual Currency.
Start optimizing your WooCommerce checkout today!
In order to increase conversions and reduce abandonment rates, you need to pick the best WordPress plugins for your website. While all the plugins here are added after careful selection, all of them solve a different problem for WooCommerce users. You don’t even need to use a single plugin at a time. In fact, you can integrate two or more plugins on your website to use their best features.
Almost all the eCommerce plugins in the list are highly compatible and have a 14-30 days money-back guarantee. So, if you are unsure if a plugin can help your business, you can buy it worry-free and test it yourself. If you don’t find a plugin that fits your business, you can ask for a refund.
Quick overview of the plugins
- WooCommerce Fast Cart - Perfect for boosting the checkout experience for shoppers and making the checkout process more seamless.
- Yith Checkout Manager - A comprehensive and useful plugin for adding and removing fields to the checkout form and customizing other parts of the checkout process.
- Flux Checkout - A plugin designed to change the standard checkout process to a more organized multi-step checkout.
- WooCommerce Direct Checkout - A reliable tool to help your customers directly trigger the checkout process without reviewing the shopping cart.
- One Page Checkout for WooCommerce - This plugin lets you display all the checkout information and fields more accessible.
- Iconic Sales Booster - Ideal for adding smart upsells to your store’s checkout process.
- WooCommerce Buy Now - A simple plugin that lets you display a buy now button and allows store customers to place orders without the need to go through the cart page.
- PayPal Checkout for WooCommerce - This plugin will help you turn your WooCommerce checkout process into PayPal’s checkout process to give users a familiar checkout experience.
- WooCommerce Multiple Email Recipients - Useful for allowing customers to add multiple emails during the checkout process or add multiple recipients for different shop departments.
- Social Login for WooCommerce - Use this plugin to add social login options such as Google and Facebook to your store. With the free version, you can add more than 40 categories.
- GiveWP - A perfect plugin to help store owners receive donations on the checkout page.
- WPML WooCommerce Multilingual Currency - Let customers see and purchase from your online store in their preferred currency.
You can start with WooCommerce Fast Cart plugin, as it is perfect for simplifying the checkout experience and boosting conversions on your online store.
Is there any other plugin that deserves a spot on the list? Tell us in the comment section below!