We've released a major update of WooCommerce Wholesale Pro. Discover everything that version 2.0 has to offer.
Version 2.0 of the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin is now available. It brings a host of new features that store owners have been asking for. These features are designed to make managing wholesale orders and pricing more streamlined and efficient:
- Now store owners can easily view retail and wholesale orders separately in the WordPress admin.
- There's a new option for manually creating wholesale orders in the WordPress admin on behalf of your customers. As soon as you select a wholesale customer for the order, the price of each product updates to reflect the correct wholesale price for that customer.
- Now you can add a sale price for each wholesale role, instead of just for retail customers. That way, you can offer discounts to wholesale users at certain times of year.
- We've added more flexibility in the options for showing different shipping methods for wholesale users. For example, you can now create two 'Flat Rate' shipping methods with different prices - one for retail users and one for your wholesale users.
- There's a new option to hide product prices from logged out users based on category. Only logged in users see the pricing. This is ideal for wholesale-only stores who display their product catalog to the public but don't want them to see any prices. Previously, you could do this globally but not per-category.
- And that's not all! Read the full changelog for details.
Keep reading to take a closer look at the new features and how they can benefit B2B store owners.
Separate view for retail and wholesale orders
One of the most notable new features in version 2.0 is the ability for store owners to view retail and wholesale orders separately in the WordPress admin. Just view the Orders page in WooCommerce, and use the filter to select either retail or wholesale orders.
This makes it easy to track and manage wholesale orders, and ensures that retail and wholesale prices are kept separate. It allows store owners to focus on wholesale orders without any interference of retail orders and vice versa.
Manual creation of wholesale orders
Another important new feature is the option for manually creating wholesale orders in the WordPress admin on behalf of customers. This was a challenge for us to achieve because WooCommerce lacked the necessary hook to make this possible! Fortunately, we managed to work with them and found a way, even though we'd been advised it couldn't be done.
You create a manual order in WooCommerce as usual. Once a wholesale customer is selected, the prices of each product will automatically update to reflect the correct wholesale price for their role.
This is a great time-saver for store owners who need to create wholesale orders quickly and easily. It eliminates the need for store owners to manually update prices for each product and ensures that wholesale customers are getting the correct pricing. This is particularly useful if you ever take wholesale orders over the phone.
Set sale prices for wholesale roles
In addition, version 2.0 also includes a new option for manually inputting a sale price for each wholesale role. This allows store owners to offer discounts to wholesale users at certain times of year, which is a great way to increase sales and attract new customers.
Store owners can now easily create different pricing for different wholesale roles and use it as a strategy to boost sales.
To use it, edit each wholesale role and enable the per-product sale pricing option. Once you've done that, a sale price field for each wholesale role will appear on the 'Edit Product' screen.
More flexible B2B shipping options
Store owners now have more flexibility when it comes to shipping options for wholesale users. For example, you can now create two different flat rate shipping methods, one for retail users and one for wholesale users.
This allows you to offer more competitive shipping rates for your wholesale customers. As a result, store owners can tailor shipping options for wholesale customers. That makes sense because wholesale customers often order in bulk and you may want to charge different postage costs for them.
Hide product prices by category
Another new feature is the option to hide product prices from logged out users based on category. This is ideal for wholesale-only stores who want to display their product catalog to the public but don't want to reveal prices.
Previously, you could only do this globally, now you can do this per-category. Now store owners can showcase specific products to the public without revealing prices.
Further reading: The complete guide to setting up a WooCommerce wholesale store.
Where to get the new features
The release of WooCommerce Wholesale Pro version 2.0 is a game-changer for store owners wanting to manage wholesale orders and pricing more efficiently. The new features will make managing wholesale orders and pricing more streamlined and efficient. This allows store owners to focus on growing their wholesale business.
If you're already using the plugin, you can upgrade from the WordPress admin. If you're new to WooCommerce Wholesale Pro, then it's easy to install and set up.
Take the first step to streamline your wholesale business and upgrade to the latest version today!