Customers often ask if our bestselling Product Table plugin works with any WooCommerce 'add to quote' plugins. In this article, I'll share an excellent Request a Quote plugin that allows customers to add products to their shortlist directly from the product table
If you're using WooCommerce Product Table to list products in a table, you might want customers to request a quote instead of buying online. This is essential if you provide bespoke services or custom pricing which varies for each customer.
A WooCommerce add to quote plugin provides 'add to quote' buttons, which you can use in addition to or instead of the usual add to cart buttons. Your customers can select as many products as they like, choose the quantity, and create a bespoke list. They can then view the list and submit the quote request to you.
Further reading: The complete guide to setting up a Request a Quote plugin in WooCommerce.
Which WooCommerce quote plugin can I use with product tables?
Most add to quote plugins don't work with WooCommerce Product Tables straight out of the box. However, we have integrated with the YITH WooCommerce Request A Quote plugin so that you can easily add quotation buttons to your product tables.
- Install WooCommerce Product Table and the premium version of YITH Request a Quote.
- When you create your product table columns, add a column called
request_quote. Set a custom heading by adding a
:after followed by the heading, e.g.
request_quote:Add to quote
- Follow the documentation for bother plugins to set them up as required.
That's it! When you view the product table, it will contain an Add to Quote column containing the buttons from YITH's plugin.
Can I hide the add to cart button?
Some people like to use add to quote buttons alongside the usual add to cart buttons. Others like to remove the add to cart button completely so that the only option is to get a quote.
The YITH WooCommerce Request A Quote plugin has an option to hide the add to cart button. This does not work with WooCommerce Product Table and will remove the add to cart button from the single product page. You can easily remove the add to cart buttons from your product tables - simply don't include an add to cart column when you add columns to the product tables.
Where can customers see their quote request?
When a customer uses the product table to add an item to the quote, a link to the Quote Request page will appear in place of the button. This makes it really easy for them to add multiple products to the quote and then click to review the quote.
You can also link to this page from your navigation menu. Alternatively, you can add a button linking to the page above/below the product table.
The premium version of the YITH WooCommerce Request A Quote plugin also has many extra features. This lets you customize the quote features to your exact needs.
Can customers choose a quantity for their quote request?
It can be a bit tricky to make the quantity picker in WooCommerce Product Table work with the YITH Request a Quote buttons. This is because the quantity picker appears in a different column of the table from the 'Request a Quote' buttons, and the two columns don't relate to each other.
Here are two suggested workarounds:
- If you've enabled the option to display the product tables on your main Shop page then you can follow these instructions to make the quantity picker work with YITH's Add to Quote buttons. This method will only work when you display product tables and quote buttons on your shop page templates, and not when you create tables using a shortcode.
- Where you have created tables using a shortcode, your customers should use the 'Add to Quote' buttons in the product table to built their quote. This will add a quantity of '1' to the quote for each product. When they click through to the quote page, they can modify the quantity of each product as required.
Does it work with variations?
If you want people to be able to add variations to the quote, then you need to enable the option on the WooCommerce Product Table settings page to list each variation on its own row of the table. If you display the variations as dropdowns then YITH's plugin won't know which variation to add to the quote.
We hope you enjoy using YITH's Request a Quote plugin with WooCommerce Product Table to create table layouts with add to quote buttons.