How to display the price of product samples in WooCommerce
If you're using WooCommerce Product Sample to offer product samples for your products, then the sample price will appear in the 'Order sample' button. You can change the wording using the Button Text option on the WooCommerce Product Sample plugin settings page.
This article suggests additional ways that you can display the price of your product samples.
Displaying sample prices for variable products
Variable products display a range of low and high prices, such as "$50 - $100". This price range only shows the price range for the full version of the product, and does not display sample prices.
If you would like to include sample prices in the variable products price range then you can do so as follows:
- Install the WooCommerce Variation Prices plugin. This handy plugin lets you change the format of how your product variation prices are displayed.
- Go to WooCommerce → Settings → Variation Prices and select the 'Custom' format for your variation prices.
- In the field that appears below, enter the required format for how you would like to display the variation prices.
Here are some examples of custom variation price formats that you could use:
- %min% to %max% - or order a sample for $5
- From %min% (or order a free sample!)
Display the sample cost in the short description
You can also add information about the price of the product samples in the product short description. This is a good opportunity to promote your product samples more heavily.
For example, you could add a box to the short description emphasizing the benefits of ordering a sample and mentioning the price.