What are the options for changing the WooCommerce variation price format?
WooCommerce Variation Prices lets you choose between a wide range of pre-defined variation price formats, or you can create your own. The options are:
- Price range e.g. $50 - $100.
- Starting price (long) e.g. From $50.
- Starting price (short) e.g. $50+.
- Maximum price e.g. Up to $100.
- List all variation prices - this is ideal if you just have a few variations per product. If you want to display the prices for lots of variations at once then you might be better off with our WooCommerce Bulk Variations plugin. This lists all the options in a grid, either with quantity boxes or as a read-only price matrix.
- Hide the price until a variation is selected.
- Custom - choose your own format, with whatever wording you choose.
Can I update the main price on the page when a variation is selected?
Absolutely! The WooCommerce Variation Prices plugin has an option to update the main price at the top of the page when the customer selects a variation.
Can I add "+ VAT" to my variation prices?
Yes, you can do this by using the 'custom' option for your variation price format. This lets you display the minimum and/or maximum price with any other text you like, such as "+ VAT" or "includes all taxes".
Does it work when all the variations are the same price?
If you want to change the price format for products where all the variations are the same price, then you should choose the 'Custom' price format option on the settings page. This gives you the option to set different price formats depending on whether the variations have the same or different prices.
Can I use the plugin to change/update variation prices?
WooCommerce Variation Prices specifically changes how variation prices are displayed on the front end of your website. It doesn't change the actual prices which customers are charged.
If you want to update the prices of multiple variations at once then you can do this with our other plugin, WooCommerce Bulk Variations. This lets you select any or all of the variations for a particular product (e.g. all variations with the 'Large' attribute). You can then change the prices of all the selected variations at once. It works perfectly with WooCommerce Variation Prices.
How does it compare to other WooCommerce dynamic pricing plugins?
WooCommerce Variation Prices controls how the prices of your variable products are displayed. It doesn't change the price which your customers are charged.
You add your variations and set pricing as usual. WooCommerce Variation Prices then lets you choose how these prices are formatted and displayed on the front end of your website.
It works beautifully with dynamic pricing plugins which let you change variation prices, such as:
Will it work with my theme & other plugins?
We have tested WooCommerce Variation Prices with a range of free and premium themes and are confident it will look great with your theme. Our plugin support includes helping with theme-related conflicts. However, theme issues are very unlikely because the plugin simply changes the wording of the variation price which is already styled by your theme. It doesn't add any of its own styling.
WooCommerce Variation Prices is designed to work with any plugins which display the normal WooCommerce variation price range. The alternate price format will simply display instead. For example:
- Use it with WooCommerce Product Table to list products in a quick one-page order form. The price column will display variable product pricing in the format that you create with WooCommerce Variation Prices.
- When you use WooCommerce Bulk Variations to list a product's variations in a grid or price matrix, the new variation price format appears above.
- If you use Quick View Pro to provide quick buying options for your products, the amended WooCommerce variation price format appears in the lightbox.
What are the purchase options?
Clicking the Buy button above will take you to the purchase options. You can choose either a Lifetime or Annual software license.
- Lifetime licenses never expire. It's a one-time payment which includes all future plugin updates, new features and support, forever.
- Annual licenses are renewed once a year. As long as you have an active license, you will receive support, plugin updates and new features. If your license ever expires then you can continue using the plugin, but won't receive any further updates or support.
You can also choose the number of sites that you can use the plugin on.
Does it work in my language?
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
WooCommerce Variation Prices is fully tested with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version, but we also support older installations:
WooCommerce 6.5 or greater (tested to 8.1.1)
WordPress 6.0 or greater (tested to 6.3.1)
PHP 7.4 or greater (tested to 8.1.22)
MySQL 5.7.8 or greater / MariaDB 10.3 or greater