How do I enable the shipping calculator on the product page?
The plugin takes less than 2 minutes to set up, and you can choose all the options in the handy setup wizard.
- Install and activate the WooCommerce Shipping Calculator on product page plugin.
- The setup wizard will open automatically. Use this to enable the shipping calculator on product pages, and to choose a location for the calculator.
Can I choose where the shipping calculator appears on the product page?
Yes! You have the flexibility to choose from 7 locations where the shipping calculator can appear on the product page.
The available locations are:
- Above the add to cart button
- Above the product meta data
- Below the product meta data
- As an extra tab before the product description
- As an extra tab after the product description
- As an extra tab after the additional information
- As an extra tab after the reviews
In addition, the plugin comes with a shortcode which you can use to insert the WooCommerce shipping calculator into any other location on your WordPress site.
Can I customize the look and feel of the WooCommerce shipping calculator?
We've coded the WooCommerce product page shipping calculator to adapt to suit any WordPress theme. This means that it will integrate beautifully into the rest of your site. For example, the link color will match the links throughout your website.
You can use custom CSS code to restyle the shipping calculator as needed.
What happens if I offer more than one shipping method?
If a customer enters their location and more than one shipping method is available, then the calculator will list all the available options with the cost alongside each one. Customers can then select their chosen delivery method as part of the checkout process.
Does it work with other shipping plugins?
The shipping calculator on the product page will display all the shipping options that you have set up in your store, including those added by other shipping plugins such as UPS.
What happens if a customer is outside of my delivery area?
If a customer enters their address into the shipping calculator, then the following will happen:
- If your store has shipping methods set up for their location, then the shipping cost will be displayed on the WooCommerce product page.
- Alternatively, if there are no shipping methods for their location then a message will appear explaining that no delivery methods are available.
If you allow customers to collect orders from your location then we recommend adding a 'Local pickup' shipping method. This is independent from the customer's location, so it will always appear - even for customers who you will not ship to.
Will the shipping cost update if the customer changes their address?
Yes - customers will always be charged the correct shipping cost, even if they change their address. They can either change their address on the WooCommerce product page shipping calculator, or on the checkout page. Either way, the shipping price will automatically be recalculated and the shipping cost updated.
Can I add other information to the 'Shipping' tab?
Used alone, the WooCommerce Shipping Calculator plugin only adds the shipping calculator to the 'Shipping' tab on the product page.
If you also want to add other information, such as text or a table of shipping options, then you can do this by using it with our other plugin - WooCommerce Product Tabs. Use this plugin to create a custom 'Shipping' tab. You can then insert the WooCommerce Shipping Calculator
[shipping_calculator] shortcode into the tab along with all the other information that you wish to display.
How does the 2-plugin bundle work?
You can either buy WooCommerce Shipping Calculator on its own, or in a bundle with our Quick View Pro plugin.
If you buy the individual plugin then you get everything which is described on this page, such as displaying the shipping calculator on the single product page in WooCommerce.
If you buy the two-plugin bundle then in addition, quick view buttons will be added to your shop and category pages. Customers can click on these to view extra product information in a lightbox. This speeds up shopping by letting them see product details and add products to their cart without needing to visit a separate page for each item. And of course, the shipping calculator appears directly in the quick view lightbox. This provides an even quicker way to find the shipping cost, resulting in maximum conversions for you!
Will it work with my theme & other plugins?
The product page shipping calculator inherits its styling from your theme. As a result, you don't need to worry about it looking good with your theme - this will happen automatically. In the unlikely event that there is a problem, then our plugin support includes helping with theme-related conflicts.
The plugin should also be compatible with any other plugins that you are using to customize the WooCommerce shipping calculator.
WooCommerce Shipping Calculator is fully compatible with all Barn2 plugins, and most plugins from other companies.
What are the purchase options?
Clicking the Buy button above will take you to the purchase options. You can choose either a Lifetime or Annual software license.
- Lifetime licenses never expire. It's a one-time payment which includes all future plugin updates, new features and support, forever.
- Annual licenses are renewed once a year. As long as you have an active license, you will receive support, plugin updates and new features. If your license ever expires then you can continue using the plugin, but won't receive any further updates or support.
You can also choose the number of sites that you can use the plugin on.
Does it work in my language?
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
WooCommerce Shipping Calculator is fully tested with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version, but we also support older installations:
- WooCommerce 6.5 or greater (tested to 8.6.1)
- WordPress 6.0 or greater (tested to 6.4.3)
- PHP 7.4 or greater (tested to 8.1.27)
- MySQL 5.7.8 or greater / MariaDB 10.3 or greater