Why do I need quantities and variations on the shop page?
WooCommerce Express Shop Page simplifies the purchasing process for customers by allowing them to select product quantities and variations directly on the shop page. This saves time and providing a more streamlined shopping experience.
Multiple studies have shown that in e-commerce, your conversion rate will be lower the more pages a customer has to visit. This is a problem when you use WooCommerce as it comes because customers must visit a separate page for each product in order to change quantities and choose variations. WooCommerce Express Shop Page solves this problem by letting the customer make these choices directly on the shop page. That way, customers can add multiple products to the cart without ever leaving the page.
We have additional plugins which reduce clicks for customers even further:
- WooCommerce Quick View Pro adds 'Quick view' buttons to the shop page, so that customers can view more information about each product without leaving the page.
- Our bestselling WooCommerce Product Table plugin transforms the shop page into a one-page order form, complete with quantity fields, variation dropdowns and add to cart checkboxes.
- WooCommerce Fast Cart speeds up the final stages of the ordering process by allowing customers to review and complete their purchase without leaving the shop page.
Where can I display the product quantity field and variations?
The WooCommerce Express Shop Page plugin lets you display the quantity field and/or the variation dropdowns on:
- The main shop page.
- Product category pages, including any other pages in your store which use the archive-product.php template (e.g. your product tag archive pages).
- Product which you list using most other methods, such as Gutenberg blocks, WooCommerce shortcodes, or using page builder plugins like Elementor.
Can I display other types of product add-on on the shop page?
WooCommerce Express Shop Page works perfectly with our WooCommerce Product Options plugin, which lets you add a wide range of options to your products. Product add-on options are much more flexible than variations, as well as being easier to add and manage. You can add product add-ons as checkboxes, radio buttons, text fields, clickable images, measurement price calculator fields, date pickers, and much more.
When you have enabled variations on the shop or category pages, then the extra options for your products will appear too. That way, customers can choose product add-ons directly on the shop page.
Can I show add to cart checkboxes on the shop page?
The WooCommerce Express Shop Page plugin adds extra purchase options to the shop page without changing the layout of the page. We have intentionally not included add to cart checkboxes because adding these to the default shop page layout would result in a poor user experience. That's because the products are displayed in a grid layout quite spaced out, and it wouldn't be intuitive for customers to tick multiple products and add them to the cart at once.
Instead, we recommend our other plugin - WooCommerce Product Table - for showing add to cart checkboxes on the shop and category pages. This plugin actually changes the layout of your shop page, replacing it with a conversion-optimized order form view. The products are displayed in a structured table layout, with a 'Buy' column containing quantity fields, variations, and add to cart buttons.
With WooCommerce Product Table, you can display checkboxes either instead of or in addition to the add to cart buttons. That way, customers can tick multiple products and use a single 'Add selected to cart' button to add them all to their cart. This is much better for user experience than having add to cart checkboxes in the default shop page layout.
Is it possible to pre-select a variation?
WooCommerce itself provides an option to select a default variation. WooCommerce Express Shop Page fully supports this, so that your default variations will be pre-selected wherever they appear in your store.
Can I customize the design of the quantity field and variations?
The plugin automatically inherits the design of the WooCommerce shop page quantity field and variations from your WordPress theme. This ensures that they will look professional straight out of the box, seamlessly matching the rest of your site.
For example, the quantity field on the shop page will be identical to the quantity fields which you already have on individual product pages.
If you do want to change the styling of the shop page quantity field and variation dropdowns, then you can do this in your theme options panel or using custom CSS.
How does the 2-plugin bundle work?
You can either buy WooCommerce Express Shop Page alone, or as a two plugin bundle with our WooCommerce Fast Cart plugin.
We particularly recommend the bundle because this speeds up the entire customer journey, rather than just the first half of it. The two plugins work together to transform the customer journey like this:
- WooCommerce Express Shop Page speeds up the process of adding products to the cart. It does this by letting customers choose the quantity and variations directly on the shop page, so there's no need to visit individual pages for each product.
- WooCommerce Fast Cart takes over after the customer adds products to their cart. It allows them to review their order, make changes, enter their details, pay and submit their order in a popup cart which appears directly on the shop page.
That way, the entire customer journey takes place on one page. Compare this with the usual WooCommerce customer journey: Shop page → Product Page → Shop Page → Product Page (repeat for each product they wish to purchase) → Cart Page → Checkout Page. You can imagine the impact that this has on conversion rates!
When you buy the 2-plugin bundle, you receive an email containing a license key, download links and quick setup instructions for both plugins.
Will the plugin slow down my site?
Showing variations on the shop page in WooCommerce means that you are loading a lot more data on the shop page. That's because the variations for each product normally only load on individual product pages.
We have designed WooCommerce Express Shop Page in a way that avoids any performance problems, even if you have a huge number of products or variations. It does this by using AJAX to load the variations. The variations load asynchronously after the rest of the page as loaded. This means that it won't slow down your site.
Will it work with my theme & other plugins?
We have tested WooCommerce Express Shop Page with a range of free and premium themes and are confident it will look great with your theme. The styling of the quantity field and variations on the shop page come straight from your theme, which already displays these on individual product pages. This means that they will work in any theme. Of course, our plugin support includes helping with theme-related conflicts, just in case you need this.
WooCommerce Express Shop Page is fully compatible with all Barn2 plugins, and most plugins from other companies.
What are the purchase options?
Clicking the Buy button above will take you to the purchase options. You can choose either a Lifetime or Annual software license.
- Lifetime licenses never expire. It's a one-time payment which includes all future plugin updates, new features and support, forever.
- Annual licenses are renewed once a year. As long as you have an active license, you will receive support, plugin updates and new features. If your license ever expires then you can continue using the plugin, but won't receive any further updates or support.
You can also choose the number of sites that you can use the plugin on.
Does it work in my language?
What are the minimum requirements for running the plugin?
WooCommerce Express Shop Page is fully tested with the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce. We always recommend running the most up-to-date version, but we also support older installations:
- WooCommerce 6.5 or greater (tested to 8.6.1)
- WordPress 6.0 or greater (tested to 6.4.3)
- PHP 7.4 or greater (tested to 8.1.27)
- MySQL 5.7.8 or greater / MariaDB 10.3 or greater