Can I use a different order number format for samples?
When a customer uses WooCommerce Product Sample to order sample products, this it processed as a normal WooCommerce order.
This is important because it allows you to take full advantage of the ordering features that come with WooCommerce itself, such as order notifications and order management in the WordPress admin. It also means that you can use WooCommerce Product Sample with third party plugins that modify the ordering process.
However, some people want a way to record orders of free samples separately from orders of paid products. To do this, we recommend using a plugin that let you set a different order number format for orders which only contain free samples, and where the value is therefore 0.00.
The following plugins offer these features:
- YITH WooCommerce Sequential Order Number - we have specifically tested WooCommerce Product Sample with this plugin, so this is our recommendation.
- WSA docs: Sequential Order Numbers Pro
- Sequential Order Numbers Premium
- By its total (must be zero)
- By the products included (the price of every product must be zero)