Can I show a different message for each discontinued product?
For more fine-grained control, you can use WooCommerce Discontinued Products with our WooCommerce Lead Time plugin which lets you add a unique message per product or variation.
This is how to use the two plugins together:
- Install both plugins.
- Go to the WooCommerce Lead Time settings page at WooCommerce → Settings → Products → Lead time.
- Find the 'Display lead times for' setting and ensure that only 'Discontinued' is ticked. This makes the lead time message appear for discontinued products only. You should also delete the 'Lead time prefix' or change it to something more relevant to discontinued products such as "Discontinued:".
- Go to edit the product or variation that you wish to discontinue and make the following changes:
- Change the stock status to 'Discontinued'.
- Enter a 'Lead time' message which will appear instead of the discontinued text.
The product page will display the lead time prefix from the WooCommerce Lead Time settings page (if present), followed by a colon and the lead time text for that individual product/variation. For example, if the lead time prefix is "Discontinued:" and the product lead time is "Please view our other dresses." then "Discontinued: Please view our other dresses." will appear.