1. Installing WooCommerce Product Sample
WooCommerce Product Sample makes it easy for your customers to order a free or paid sample. Here's how to install it. You can either watch the video to see us setting up the plugin from start to finish, or read the written instructions below.
WooCommerce Product Sample requires WooCommerce. Please make sure you have installed and activated the WooCommerce plugin before installing WooCommerce Product Sample.
The following minimum versions are supported:
WooCommerce - 3.7 and up (tested to 6.4.1)
WordPress - 5.2 and up (tested to 5.9.3)
PHP - 7.2 and up (tested to 8.0.19)
Install the plugin
Once you have purchased the plugin, you can download the plugin zip file from the Order Confirmation page. You should also receive a confirmation email containing your license key and a download link to the plugin. If you don't receive this email, please get in touch.
- Download the plugin.
- Go to your WordPress admin, then go to Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin.
- Click 'Choose File', select the "woocommerce-product-sample.zip" file you just downloaded and click 'Install'.
- Once uploaded, click 'Activate'.
Tip: Once you've installed WooCommerce Product Sample, remember to keep it up to date. You can learn how to do this in our article on plugin updates.
Enter your license key
Once you have activated the plugin:
- Go to WooCommerce → Settings → Product Sample and enter your license key. You can find you license key in the order confirmation email that was sent to you after purchase.
- Click Save Changes to validate and store your license key.
If you get an error saving your license key, please try a second time. If the error persists, please search for your error above or view our article on license key problems.
After installation, the plugin will be setup with the default options. You will probably want to configure these to suit your requirements. Go to the next step to see how. Or to start adding filters straight away, jump to Step 3.