As a WooCommerce store owner, you might need an easy way to set up a wholesale store with special pricing for wholesale buyers. The best way to do this is by using the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin. It lets you create as many wholesale roles as you’d like and set global (or category-based) percentage discounts for each role. Keep reading for a neat trick that will also let you create customer-specific pricing for your wholesale store.
But what if you wanted to set up customer-specific pricing for certain wholesale customers? For this, you’d need to use WooCommerce Wholesale Pro with the Customer Specific Pricing plugin.
With this in mind, in this article, we’ll explain how you can create customer-specific pricing in WooCommerce in three easy steps. By the time you’re done reading, you’ll know exactly how to apply a flat or percentage discount for your wholesale customers and offer specific customers additional discounts.
Introducing WooCommerce Wholesale Pro
The WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin lets store owners create a wholesale area i.e. a hidden section of your online shop that only wholesale users can see. You can configure the plugin to offer special pricing for wholesale users. For example, you might want to offer wholesale buyers 20% off on products.
The plugin lets store owners set global percentage discounts and category percentage discounts. In addition to this, it’s also possible to add wholesale prices for individual products.
You can create as many user roles as you’d like, each with their own pricing. This means that you can set WooCommerce pricing that’s unique to each user group - but not individual customers. Keep reading to learn how to do that.
How to Create Customer-Specific Pricing in WooCommerce
Next, we’ll explain how to use Customer Specific Pricing with the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin to set up user-specific pricing in your online store.
Step #1: Install and activate WooCommerce Wholesale Pro
- Get the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin and install and activate it on your WordPress website. You can either buy it on its own or in a bundle with WooCommerce Product Table to get the quick-buying order form layout.
- Upon purchase, you’ll receive a license key in the confirmation email along with the plugin files.
- Log in to the WordPress admin panel and head over to WooCommerce → Settings →> Wholesale to activate the license key.
- Click the Save changes button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
Step #2: Configure the plugin’s settings
From the same screen, you can configure the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin’s General settings:
- The plugin automatically creates a login page for wholesale users. That said, you can change it to a different page if you’d like by using the dropdown menu.
- You can also offer wholesale registration on the front-end simply by ticking the checkbox next to the 'Wholesale registration' option. You can also hold new registrations for moderation. Alternatively, you can choose to add wholesale users to your online store manually.
- The 'Wholesale store' page option lets you choose which page to set as the main shop page for your wholesale customers. You can choose to Hide prices until login which is a great way to encourage customers to create an account. Finally, the plugin gives you the option to disable tax and coupons.
Once that's done, click on the Roles tab to create a new wholesale user role. Set the 'Display name' and 'Discount amount'. The WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin also lets you enable product-specific pricing which means that you can allow exact wholesale prices to be set for individual products.
Using WooCommerce Wholesale Pro, you can create as many user roles as you’d like and set global (or category) percentage discounts. The plugin also lets you set wholesale prices for individual products for each user role.
But what if you want to set individual prices for each wholesale customer instead of each wholesale user role? This is possible with the Customer-Specific Pricing plugin. We'll talk more about that in a minute.
Step #3: Enable the wholesale order form
If you buy the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin in a bundle with WooCommerce Product Table then you can also enable the order form layout.
To do this, click on the 'Layout' tab and set the 'Wholesale store page' option and the Wholesale product category and tag pages option to 'Order form' layout using the dropdowns.
You can use the WooCommerce Product Table settings page link to configure your order forms. For example, this lets you choose which columns of product data to include in the wholesale order forms.
Step #4: Add customer-specific pricing for each wholesale user
The Customer-Specific Pricing plugin lets you set individual prices for every customer. This is a great way to deliver a personalized buying experience for your wholesale customers. For example, you might have negotiated individual discounts for each wholesale buyer, and need an automated way to deliver these discounts.
For this, you’ll need to get the Customer-Specific Pricing plugin and install and activate it on your WordPress site. Head over to CSP from the WordPress admin panel and click on the 'Product Pricing' tab. Next, select the customers and products you’d like to set individual prices for.
Click the 'Set Prices' button to continue.
Next, set either a flat discount or percentage discount on the product(s) for each customer you selected. Optionally, you can set a minimum quantity. This means that the discount will only be applied when the customer purchases at least that many units of the product.
This way, users with the Wholesale user role will automatically get a 5% discount on t-shirts. However, the specific users we selected in the pricing rules will get a greater discount i.e. 6% and 7.5%.
Set up customer-specific pricing today
Using the WooCommerce Wholesale Pro plugin with Customer Specific Pricing, you can override wholesale prices for individual customers. This gives you more control over your WooCommerce products and pricing. As a result, you’re able to deliver a more personalized shopping experience.